What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. Bwahahaharhhhh.... Eat Poo Hartleys.

Frenzy.

Immortal
lot of libels in there. wow. Had to laugh toronto wolf pack for Walker. Perhaps its like Bettoota advocate. I remember that article about "the riot" becoming a free agent. Gold.

www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/former-manly-enforcer-anthony-watmough-has-opened-up-on-his-falling-out-with-daly-cherryevans/news-story/ead58f414e6e63b4e2bcfb7264203e97

FORMER Manly player Anthony Watmough has unleashed an extraordinary tirade against current skipper Daly Cherry-Evans, accusing him of trying to hold the club up for money.
Watmough told the Hello Sport podcast the halfback told Watmough he wasn’t going to turn up to training unless he was given a better deal, and says Cherry-Evans “turned into a f***wit” after his first year in the NRL.

There is more in there

Seems we dodged a bullet when we were chasing him and missed out.

It’s definitely all about him and he considers “we” to be something that comes out of his cock.

Wow. We all knew the rumours back then. Its why players either by themselves or through their managers , that continue to negotiate through their entire contract period on , positions, other signings etc, are a cancer to the club.
Sign the contract, STFU entil end of contract.

Eion

First Grade
Wow. We all knew the rumours back then. Its why players either by themselves or through their managers , that continue to negotiate through their entire contract period on , positions, other signings etc, are a cancer to the club.
Sign the contract, STFU entil end of contract.
Unfortunately it’s becoming more and more frequent. The NRL does far too little about rogue player agents...I reckon that’s the main issue.

Eion

First Grade
We kept birdy on after he whinged about the centres and won a comp.

These kids are different these days.

fizman

Bench
I agree with your thoughts 100% but it's too late now. The evolution of the game is so far in favour of the Player it will never turn back and Clubs will have to accept the demands or fail.

I have looked into the crystal ball and I see a day where players will no longer sign season contracts - they will sign short term contracts for $X per number of games. In the future, players will be able to sign a contract with Clubs for a single game.

There will be more cross code hopping, dependent on the event of the season (World Cups). For the highest achievers, their individual brand will be more valued than the team brand - they will wear the same number whether they are playing for Cronulla, Wallabies or Richmond.

In terms of player brand vs team brand that is already happening when you compare the brand of the Cowboys vs Thurston.

In another 20 years the landscape of sport will be completely different and for that I am glad we won in 2016!