What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O/T: Foran, Rothfield and Hayson

Noise

Coach
All the MPA is is 600k on top of the cap that every club has. It is a limit on spending. It is essentially part of the cap just that the extra 600k can come from an outside source. So in 2016 every club has 6.8million plus 600k (7.4 million) to spend on players.

strider

Post Whore
I really like that BA is prepared to cut his losses and just move on.

In theory Foran is the perfect type of half we need (well amybe a better kicking game would help too) ... but shit happened .... its best we just push that shit aside and move on with something else

Noise

Coach
Not if a club can't get $600K worth of sponsors

Even if they couldn't find the sponsor with 600k lying around they can fudge it because the club can guarantee the money. So if the club sponsor/s can't end up affording to fork out the 600k then the club can pay it anyway.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
They said on 2MMM that NZ put a 31 Dec 16 deadline on the NRL registering the Foran contract or its off.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair enough but the way he made out that he may never come back due to his mental state contributed to him getting an unconditional release. Mate I'm glad he's gone but he will always go down as our worst signing ever. He let everyone down including his own family which is the saddest part of all.
He ended up costing us big money for only one year, and played and captained well in every game until he picked up a season ending injury. He can't be worse than Sandow.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It is completely relevant when you are talking about the value of one player not the entire club salary cap
But the MPA doesn't have to all go to one player. It doesn't even have to go to a marquee. It is no different to any other part of your cap, and if you're paying it to one player you can't pay it to anyone else. Therefore it is as significant an opportunity cost as every dollar spent under the salary cap.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not if a club can't get $600K worth of sponsors
That's a pittance for an NRL club. And anyway they can guarantee it, meaning if a potential sponsor doesn't appear, or refuses to pay, that the cub can pay it themselves.

Its only purpose is to allow players plausible deniability when their club rorts TPAs ("I thought mine was part of the marquee player allowance.")

Chipmunk

Coach
Not that I want the f**kwit but why couldn't Foran just resume his playing career with us? That's why this situation shits me. He should be made to sit out season 2017 and not make a miraculous recovery and play with another NRL club.

This low life peanut has no credibility.

For mine it appears that Parra didn't want Foran far more than Foran didn't want Parra. Both parties have moved on

phantom eel

First Grade
Not that I want the f**kwit but why couldn't Foran just resume his playing career with us? That's why this situation shits me. He should be made to sit out season 2017 and not make a miraculous recovery and play with another NRL club.
Because we (Brad) didn't want him to.

Same with Hayne really.