What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official 2017 Squad Thread

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hey guys so with all different kinds of threads floating around about players, I thought i'd make an official thread about our squad for next year. All discussion about players and even rumours can be put in here, if not in the signings/rumours/injuries one. I'll update the lists as the offseason goes on.

Gains: Braidon Burns (Panthers - 2 years), Robbie Farah (Tigers - 2 years), Tyrell Fuimaono (Eels - 2 years), Robert Jennings (Panthers - 2 years), Robbie Rochow (Knights - 1 year), Connor Tracey (Sharks - 2 years)

Losses: Kirisome Auva'a (Released), Joe Burgess (Wigan), Nathan Brown (Eels), Paul Carter (Roosters), Brock Gray (Roosters), Luke Keary (Roosters), Cameron McInnes (Dragons), Michael Oldfield (Panthers)

Re-Signed: Jason Clark (2 years), Hymel Hunt (2 years), Greg Inglis (4 years), Cody Walker (3 years)

Unsigned: Jack Gosiewski, Ed Murphy, Patrice Siolo, Siosifa Talakai, Tautalatasi Tasi, Riley Travers, Cheyne Whitelaw

Squad so far (27 players signed so far)

George Burgess
Sam Burgess
Tom Burgess
Braidon Burns
Jason Clark
Damien Cook
Angus Crichton
Robbie Farah
Tyrell Fuimaono
Damon Goolagong
Bryson Goodwin
Aaron Gray
Brett Greinke
Hymel Hunt
Greg Inglis
Robert Jennings
Alex Johnston
Zane Musgrove
Dane Nielsen
Adam Reynolds
Robbie Rochow
Toby Rudolf
John Sutton
Connor Tracey
Kyle Turner
Dave Tyrrell
Cody Walker

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
We need some more signings.

By the way R95 Gosiewski is signed for 2017.

You can add him and make the list 24 players lol.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Do you have a link/confirmation? Because I heard there's a bit of concern there.
Oh ok. I thought in another thread you said it was confirmed he signed for 2017 but we initially stuffed up the 3 yr contract.

On zero tackle it says he is signed with us for 2017 but I can't post links to zero tackle on LU as the links don't work.

Maybe you can look on zero tackle if you like.

Travitoh

First Grade
We've made some good, shrewd signings over the past couple of seasons.
Outside of Brown (and arguably Joe Burgess) I believe we've signed better than we've lost.
My best 17 would be

1 GI
2 AJ
3 Hunt
4 Gray
5 Jennings (not entirely sure here)
6 Walker
7 AR
8 George
9 Farah
10 Musgrove
11 Rochow
12 Sutton
13 Sam

14 Greinke
15 Clark
16 Crichton
17 Tom

I'll admit i don't know much about some of the newer, less experienced guys so I'm basing this largely on what I've seen/believe Madge will go with

rabbitohs95

Bench
Oh ok. I thought in another thread you said it was confirmed he signed for 2017 but we initially stuffed up the 3 yr contract.

On zero tackle it says he is signed with us for 2017 but I can't post links to zero tackle on LU as the links don't work.

Maybe you can look on zero tackle if you like.

Yeah I know but Zero Tackle is a fan made website and so they don't have official information. I know what you mean though but there's been reports he hasn't actually re-signed so until we see the 2017 squad, I'll list him as unsigned, but realistically he'll most likely still be with us next year and beyond. Just a little protocol.

DiegoNT

First Grade
What's the story on grienke. I know when he signed with us he was listed as a centre/2nd row, but also noticed he was named in the bears in the front row. Is he really capable of all 3 positions? If so he'd be perfect for a utility role

rabbitohs95

Bench
What's the story on grienke. I know when he signed with us he was listed as a centre/2nd row, but also noticed he was named in the bears in the front row. Is he really capable of all 3 positions? If so he'd be perfect for a utility role
My guess is that he'll drop the centre role and develop more into a utility forward, kind of like when Tyrrell moved from the backs to the backrow to the front row.

Curns13

Juniors
There are high expectations on him from his QLD Cup time. Should have a bright future. I think backrow is his natural position. He played most of his games as the left edge 2nd rower but did fill in at lock and prop once or twice.

Last edited:

Latest posts