What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official NSW side

Nice Beaver

First Grade

haha well assuming she doesn't have webbed feet or 11 fingers, I reckon she would have been able to resist temptation and pass up on a classy bloke like yourself.
Geez you like to give it to the NSW selectors but your mob has come up with some doozies as well. How the f*ck did they pick Harrison over Dallas Johnson for starters??? Harrison is playing dreadful footy. Anyway, suppose thats for the Qld Origin Team forum......

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Fourex

Bench
haha well assuming she doesn't have webbed feet or 11 fingers, I reckon she would have been able to resist temptation and pass up on a classy bloke like yourself.
Geez you like to give it to the NSW selectors but your mob has come up with some doozies as well. How the f*ck did they pick Harrison over Dallas Johnson for starters??? Harrison is playing dreadful footy. Anyway, suppose thats for the Qld Origin Team forum......

A quick answer .........so we don't detract from the hysterical NSW whinging and hissy fits for too long. :p

Not real happy with the Johnson omission, although I read somewhere that even he himself thought he wasn't playing well enough to be selected. It was only 3-4 weeks ago that he was tearing them up ......I thought.

Harrison is the incumbent ......not that it guarantees selection, it does however give you the benefit of the doubt in a tough decision. In QLD anyways......

It's not a popular call over in the QLD camp, but I'm disappointed Dave Taylor isn't there and Parker is. Parker's been playing great for us (Broncos) this year and last, no question.......I don't know, he's seem a bit too one dimensional for mine.

We've still got our big guns ........but we're a bit weaker on the edges this year for game 1.

Should be a cracker none the less.

QUEENSLANDER !!!!

j0nesy

Bench
The only problem I have with Gasnier is that his mind is clearly not focused on origin, which is fair enough. He has every right to walk out if his spouse gives birth.

Be honest. The problem you have with Gasnier is that he played for the team that smashed the Roosters in the grandfinal.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
This is what the team should have been. Bear in mind Ive given Sticky the benefit of the doubt and tried to keep changes to a minimum. No one can argue that this is a vastly superior team:

1. Josh Dugan – The form fullback of the last 12 months and has always produced in rep games. The only viable alternative was Hayne, which brings me to:

2. Jarryd Hayne – Two time Fitler medalist who has never had a bad game for NSW and has arguably been their best player in the last 5 years whilst playing on the wing (which nullifies the “out of position rubbish”). Questionable in defense on the wing, but no worse than the current selection of Brett Morris.

3. Michael Jennings – Left Centre is undoubtedly NSW’s weakest position, and this is reflected in Jenning’s selection. Basically the best of a bad lot and has the added credibility of being the incumbent. Lawrence would have been a certainty if not for his injury.

4. Mark Gasnier – In good form for the Dragons and has loads of Origin experience. The only other alternative is Idris but Gas is a more rounded and experienced player.

5. Aku Uate – Explosive winger. No justification needed, however could have easily been Michael Gordon (especially with the need for a goal kicker if Soward wasn’t selected)

6. Jamie Soward – Would have preferred to see Jarrod Mullen in a line ball decision, but the need for a goal kicker with Gordon not available/picked makes Soward a must.

7. Mitchell Pearce – Again, no real alternative. Needs to step up pronto.

8. Kade Snowden – Strong consistent prop who doesn’t deserve to lose his spot from last year.

9. Robbie Farah – I can see why they chose Mick Ennis so I wont argue this point too strongly, but I feel Farah was should never have been dropped. Line ball decision.

10. Aiden Tolman – Takes Jason King’s spot (the worst selection of the current team).Tolman is a deadest machine. Having said that, this could easily be Michael Weyman, Keith Gallow or Luke Douglas. Anyone but King really.

11. Beau Scott – If you have Soward in the team I can see the argument for picking Scott. Had an ABYSMAL debut last year and is a very one dimensional player in my opinion.

12. Greg Bird – Is a proven performer at this level and brings plenty of experience. Is not in great form for his club but Im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

13. Paul Gallen ©- No justification necessary

14. Tom Leahroyd-Lahrs – Arguably our best impact prop from last year and, while having a somewhat poor season for the Raiders, played very well in City Country.

15. Tim Mannah – Had a strong game last year and is the future of NSW props. Good impact off the bench and could even be included in the run on side.

16. Ben Creagh – Cant stand the bloke personally and will never forgive him for impersonating a fairy. Still, has some experience and his capable of playing a good club game.

17. Luke Lewis – Takes Dean Young’s spot (the second worst selection). Seriously, how is Lewis NOT in the team? The only argument is that he’s down on game fitness, but that didnt stop him from tearing the Broncos a new one. How can King be included without game fitness but not Lewis is beyond me. Lewis brings versatility and impact off the bench and could even swap places in the team with Greg Bird. Lewis can also cover for nearly every position on the park, something that isn’t offered in the current team.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
I really like Mullen and would love to have seen him there somewhere. The fact he's been there before is a bonus. Im sick of all this chopping and changing!

Yosh

Coach
Honestly though, don't know how effective Mullen would be. Has been great in games and terrible in others. I don't mind him missing out one more year, getting his game on consistantly next year and then tearing QLD a new one in 2012.

hellteam

First Grade
This is what the team should have been. Bear in mind Ive given Sticky the benefit of the doubt and tried to keep changes to a minimum. No one can argue that this is a vastly superior team:

1. Josh Dugan – The form fullback of the last 12 months and has always produced in rep games. The only viable alternative was Hayne, which brings me to:

2. Jarryd Hayne – Two time Fitler medalist who has never had a bad game for NSW and has arguably been their best player in the last 5 years whilst playing on the wing (which nullifies the “out of position rubbish”). Questionable in defense on the wing, but no worse than the current selection of Brett Morris.

3. Michael Jennings – Left Centre is undoubtedly NSW’s weakest position, and this is reflected in Jenning’s selection. Basically the best of a bad lot and has the added credibility of being the incumbent. Lawrence would have been a certainty if not for his injury.

4. Mark Gasnier – In good form for the Dragons and has loads of Origin experience. The only other alternative is Idris but Gas is a more rounded and experienced player.

5. Aku Uate – Explosive winger. No justification needed, however could have easily been Michael Gordon (especially with the need for a goal kicker if Soward wasn’t selected)

6. Jamie Soward – Would have preferred to see Jarrod Mullen in a line ball decision, but the need for a goal kicker with Gordon not available/picked makes Soward a must.

7. Mitchell Pearce – Again, no real alternative. Needs to step up pronto.

8. Kade Snowden – Strong consistent prop who doesn’t deserve to lose his spot from last year.

9. Robbie Farah – I can see why they chose Mick Ennis so I wont argue this point too strongly, but I feel Farah was should never have been dropped. Line ball decision.

10. Aiden Tolman – Takes Jason King’s spot (the worst selection of the current team).Tolman is a deadest machine. Having said that, this could easily be Michael Weyman, Keith Gallow or Luke Douglas. Anyone but King really.

11. Beau Scott – If you have Soward in the team I can see the argument for picking Scott. Had an ABYSMAL debut last year and is a very one dimensional player in my opinion.

12. Greg Bird – Is a proven performer at this level and brings plenty of experience. Is not in great form for his club but Im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

13. Paul Gallen ©- No justification necessary

14. Tom Leahroyd-Lahrs – Arguably our best impact prop from last year and, while having a somewhat poor season for the Raiders, played very well in City Country.

15. Tim Mannah – Had a strong game last year and is the future of NSW props. Good impact off the bench and could even be included in the run on side.

16. Ben Creagh – Cant stand the bloke personally and will never forgive him for impersonating a fairy. Still, has some experience and his capable of playing a good club game.

17. Luke Lewis – Takes Dean Young’s spot (the second worst selection). Seriously, how is Lewis NOT in the team? The only argument is that he’s down on game fitness, but that didnt stop him from tearing the Broncos a new one. How can King be included without game fitness but not Lewis is beyond me. Lewis brings versatility and impact off the bench and could even swap places in the team with Greg Bird. Lewis can also cover for nearly every position on the park, something that isn’t offered in the current team.

Great team

adamkungl

Immortal
Everyone knows Lewis Hayne Farah and Watmong should be there but tbh I'm over it. And we'll probably see some changes in game 2 anyway.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Everyone knows Lewis Hayne Farah and Watmong should be there but tbh I'm over it. And we'll probably see some changes in game 2 anyway.

Choc has shot himself in the foot with attitude and stupid behaviour, can't see him being selected regardless of what happens in game 1

magpie_man

Juniors
after pondering over the team for a few days i've decided that i'm pretty happy with it.
dugan and uate definitely deserve their shot.
loving the morris-gasnier-soward-scott combo in the run-on side. tight.
pearce and jennings aren't in the best form but who else are you gonna choose? idris? :roll:
the only changes i would've made would be to pair-up luke douglas with snowden in the front row and replace young with farah and creagh with lewis on the bench.

RABK

Referee
After a weeks a time that squad is easily the best named TEAM in a while. Whilst it lacks superstardom you can appreciate the dragons model behind it - players selected to play a role that forms a good team. King remains my only concern.