What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
JAMAL Fogarty and Cameron Cullen are aware Sunday could be their last game together.

The Burleigh halves are NRL bound next year, with Fogarty headed to Parramatta and Cullen to Manly, meaning Sunday’s grand final clash with Redcliffe could be the end of the dynamic partnership.

For those new to the Intrust Super Cup, it would be hard to tell this season was the duo’s first together.

Before that they had only been under-20s opponents.

But Cullen sought Fogarty out to join him at Burleigh this year, knowing that together they could create the perfect combination to send the once struggling club straight to the top of the competition.

3cb6d6d94c45eb9aa9344138a0db2d42

Burleigh Bears halves Jamal Fogarty and Cameron Cullen have won NRL contracts. Picture: Darren England.Source:News Limited

With the State Championship against the NSW premiers awaiting this weekend’s victors, Fogarty said he hopes his and Cullen’s time together is not over just yet.

“I’m a bit shattered to be leaving but if you want to chase your dreams you have to go up and on,” Fogarty said.

“Cullo has had an outstanding year and he really complements my game.

“It’s devastating it could be over already. But it’s also good to see both of us get back into that system and chase the dreams we wanted to tick off at the start of the year.”

Cullen echoed Fogarty’s sentiments yesterday, saying he always wanted to play with the 22-year-old halfback.

He said he is determined to finish his time with Fogarty by handing Burleigh their first trophy in 11 years.

“We want to finish the right way, get the win and we owe it to each other to do that,” Cullen said.

“It’s always difficult when you form a combination with someone and then go to a new place. But that’s footy … the main thing for us now is to get that right send-off.”

9df61e07a146fa9228b91b5d4a4ca2d8

Redcliffe captain Sam Anderson and Burleigh captain Jamal Fogarty face off ahead of Sunday’s grand final. Picture: Darren England.Source:News Limited

Meanwhile, in a shock move Redcliffe coach Adam Mogg has left winger Jonus Pearson out of his side to play on Sunday.

After playing in two finals in the NRL for the Broncos, Pearson has been overlooked in favour of fellow back Joshua Beehag.

With halfback and goalkicker Darren Nicholls still in doubt with a quad tear, Mogg has opted for Beehag over Pearson because of his goalkicking abilities.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrlbou...r/news-story/cc7bad5e5d2ed89ab68f1a5c2c9b1701

Gronk

Staff member
NSW Foxtel subscribers don't seem to get the QLD Cup grand final live.

Replay is Wed 1:30am Foxsports 1

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ok so I got a tip off today of a possible signing which I'm going to offer 1 clue a day until it becomes public.... 1st clue.

Josh Hoffman may well be a done deal but there's another in the pipeline.

PS no private or text messages I want to see how long it will take for someone to get it.

phantom eel

First Grade
If that was the clue - and if Stags meant for his post to be in the rumours thread and not the Wenty thread - my guess is Anthony Don.

yeh, Fog's team got up although he didn't do much out of the ordinary
He had a great kicking game; he never stopped talking to and organising his forwards; was a great link between his forwards and his backline; nothing spectacular but indeed a very important link as a TEAM player; and by the way, he can kick goals as well; and indeed very strong in defence. So I find it hard that you believe he didn't "do anything out of the ordinary". What more did you expect him to do?

Fanbase

Juniors
He had a great kicking game; he never stopped talking to and organising his forwards; was a great link between his forwards and his backline; nothing spectacular but indeed a very important link as a TEAM player; and by the way, he can kick goals as well; and indeed very strong in defence. So I find it hard that you believe he didn't "do anything out of the ordinary". What more did you expect him to do?
expect him to play like Thurston that's what.