What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Newcastle won their first 4 games in 2015 but still ran last.

I've seen enough to suggest they're more likely to run in the bottom 4 than the top 4.

Sure, and teams have won their 1st four games and gone on to win the premiership (I guess).

I agree that Manly are not a top 4 team. But I reckon they'll sneak into the 8.

hindy111

Post Whore
All 17 are on NRL contracts. You don't see that every week.

And still Gower could drop back plus woods,falou,tuha,smith,ke,de gois,king out.

Its good to see Morris and Niuakore starting. Two guys who may step up to nrl.
Hearing Morris going very well.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
And still Gower could drop back plus woods,falou,tuha,smith,ke,de gois,king out.

Its good to see Morris and Niuakore starting. Two guys who may step up to nrl.
Hearing Morris going very well.

I thought Niukore was the better of the 2 before his injury.

Excited to see him back in action this quickly. His injury appeared extreme at Ringrose the other week.

Chipmunk

Coach
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/03/28/team_list_wenty_magp..html

Wentworthville Magpies side

1. Scott Schulte

2. Bureta Faraimo

3. Nathan Davis

4. Kirisome Auva’a

5. George Jennings

6. Jamal Fogarty

7. Troy Dargan

8. Rory O’Brien

9. Jeff Robson

10. Peni Terepo

11. Marata Niukore

12. Jack Morris

13. Cody Nelson (c)

Interchange

14. Kelepi Tanginoa

15. James Hasson

16. Joseph Ualesi

17. Alex Twal

All 17 are on NRL contracts. You don't see that every week.

So, given this fact, the team the Mounties have named and the brilliant conditions for rugby league, we have no excuses really and should be expecting to give this Mounties side a good old fashioned touch up.

Mounties Team - http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/03/28/isp_team_list_mounti.html

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Looking at that team, and just like you I haven't bothered to check their profiles to see which are Raiders contracted, but they certainly seem like a bunch of nuffies. But I dare say a Raiders fan looking at Wenty's team would struggle to recognise anyone outside Auva'a and Terepo.

Chipmunk

Coach
Looking at that team, and just like you I haven't bothered to check their profiles to see which are Raiders contracted, but they certainly seem like a bunch of nuffies. But I dare say a Raiders fan looking at Wenty's team would struggle to recognise anyone outside Auva'a and Terepo.

Well only 9 of the 20 players listed appear on the Raiders Player Profiles Page.

And c'mon Pou Bear, fair shake of the sauce bottle...most Raiders fans who have an equivalent level of interest in the game as you and I would probably have heard of Davis, Faraimo, Robson, O'Brien, Nelson and Hasson as well as those two at the very least. They've all played NRL matches.

By my reckoning it's 11 players of NRL experience at Wenty v 8 from the Mounties

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
How was that good old fashioned touch up beeartches!!

You obviously didn't see my sarcasm, I knew we were little chance of giving the Mounties a touchup...as I don't have the same opinion of our backup players as some others on here.

Chipmunk

Coach
People seem to have lost interest in the potentially unbeatable Wenty side when they started getting beaten.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We're too busy whinging about the NRL team. Wenty have played a small sample of matches and have been competitive - the more granular statistic of for-and-against is positive.

Scoopdog

Juniors
We're too busy whinging about the NRL team. Wenty have played a small sample of matches and have been competitive - the more granular statistic of for-and-against is positive.
The granular statistic of a positive for and against is a falsehood,as your only win 50~6 has caused this!but indeed they have been competitive,withoit winning,in most games

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Interesting official lineup (part timers in bold):

17. Folau
20. Faraimo
3. Davis
4. Gafa
5. Jennings
22. Hasson
7. Smith
8. Twal
15. Nelson
10. O'Brien
11. Niukore
12. Morris
13. Gower

6. Fogarty
14. Gorman
16. Tanginoa
25. Ualesi

Surely Gower will be playing in the halves rather than Hasson.