What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

DummyHalfScoot

Juniors
Stone is a plodder, only plays 40 mins max and looks so unfit and soft always stays down. Matagi and Vavae were enormous also backrower wore 12 was good. A 9 come on in the second half and King went to the halves made a huge difference, the 9 was lightening out of dummy half and passing was so smart a quick, better than King and Pritchard I assume he was Mahoney although it didn't look like him from a distance. The ground was a toilet!

ATOWN2

Juniors
What were Arana Toumata's previous indiscretions? He's been sacked from about 8 clubs over the years.

Taumata was brought to Australia as a 15-year-old to join the Brisbane Bronco's. He was sacked by the Broncos for disciplinary breaches and also spent time at the Sydney Roosters before making his first grade debut with the Bulldogs in Round 16 2008, against his former club the Roosters. The Bulldogs sacked Arana Taumata following an investigation into an incident at a Sydney hotel, which left another man with a broken jaw.

In 2009 he was recruited by the Storm, which had plans to to promote Taumata to a playmaking role. In early February however, Taumata was dismissed by the Storm after a "physical altercation" off-field, which was his fourth dismissal in four years.

Taumata got signed by the Tigers in 2010 but languished in reserve grade so he signed up with the Cowboys mid way through the season but got released at the end of the year. In 2011 the Panthers picked him up. Taumata was stood down from the Panthers' feeder club, Windsor Wolves, following allegations that a prescription script with his name on it was used to obtain Valium from a Parramatta pharmacy, a matter which became the subject of a police investigation. Penrith club doctor, David Abraham, told club officials that a prescription pad had been stolen from his desk. It is believed he received a telephone call yesterday from the pharmacy, explaining that someone had presented an unsigned prescription. It is understood the person had been told they were unable to obtain the medication as the document did not include a name. The person later returned with a prescription with ''Arana Taumata'' written on it. After the police investigations, Taumata was found guilty of stealing a prescription pad from the Panthers club doctor, and using it to attempt to buy Valium.

As a result, Taumata had to comply with an 18-month good behaviour bond. However, Panthers General Manager Phil Gould offered Taumata a lifeline in the off-season and signed Taumata for another year. Phil Gould said of Taumata's period with the Panthers, "At the time I feared he would kill himself or kill someone else the way he was living his life. That's why I stepped in to get him the help he needed. Thankfully I think those days are now well behind him. I have not heard from Arana for some time."

In 2013 Taumata left the Panthers Taumata played for the Newtown Jets in 2014 before moving to Tumut in 2015. Taumata was removed as Captain Coach of Tumut after round 10 of the group 9 season for disciplinary reasons. Taumata had broken the clubs '3 strike policy' and was told his services were no longer required.

Chipmunk

Coach
Taumata was brought to Australia as a 15-year-old to join the Brisbane Bronco's. He was sacked by the Broncos for disciplinary breaches and also spent time at the Sydney Roosters before making his first grade debut with the Bulldogs in Round 16 2008, against his former club the Roosters. The Bulldogs sacked Arana Taumata following an investigation into an incident at a Sydney hotel, which left another man with a broken jaw.

In 2009 he was recruited by the Storm, which had plans to to promote Taumata to a playmaking role. In early February however, Taumata was dismissed by the Storm after a "physical altercation" off-field, which was his fourth dismissal in four years.

Taumata got signed by the Tigers in 2010 but languished in reserve grade so he signed up with the Cowboys mid way through the season but got released at the end of the year. In 2011 the Panthers picked him up. Taumata was stood down from the Panthers' feeder club, Windsor Wolves, following allegations that a prescription script with his name on it was used to obtain Valium from a Parramatta pharmacy, a matter which became the subject of a police investigation. Penrith club doctor, David Abraham, told club officials that a prescription pad had been stolen from his desk. It is believed he received a telephone call yesterday from the pharmacy, explaining that someone had presented an unsigned prescription. It is understood the person had been told they were unable to obtain the medication as the document did not include a name. The person later returned with a prescription with ''Arana Taumata'' written on it. After the police investigations, Taumata was found guilty of stealing a prescription pad from the Panthers club doctor, and using it to attempt to buy Valium.

As a result, Taumata had to comply with an 18-month good behaviour bond. However, Panthers General Manager Phil Gould offered Taumata a lifeline in the off-season and signed Taumata for another year. Phil Gould said of Taumata's period with the Panthers, "At the time I feared he would kill himself or kill someone else the way he was living his life. That's why I stepped in to get him the help he needed. Thankfully I think those days are now well behind him. I have not heard from Arana for some time."

In 2013 Taumata left the Panthers Taumata played for the Newtown Jets in 2014 before moving to Tumut in 2015. Taumata was removed as Captain Coach of Tumut after round 10 of the group 9 season for disciplinary reasons. Taumata had broken the clubs '3 strike policy' and was told his services were no longer required.

Not that another NRL club is planning on re-signing Taumata, but if they ever did, the NRL would be hard pressed to say that Todd Carney shouldn't be allowed back in the NRL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Wentworthville Magpies

1. Nathan Milone
2. Greg Lelesiuao
3. Nathan Davis
4. Dane Aukafolau
5. Atini Gafa
6.Bradley Deitz
7. Arana Taumata
8. Magnus Stromquist
9. Cameron King
10. Siosaia Vave
11.Matthew Woods
12. Haimona Hiroti
13. Ray Stone

14. Nicholas Kassis
15. Jack Morris
16.Piki Rogers
17. Kurt De Luis
18. Carl Winterstein

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/leagueunlimited-isp-teams-2018-round-7/

King is in for a busy weekend.

No French, Prozchenko is full of shit.

Gronk

Staff member
Wentworthville Magpies

1. Nathan Milone
2. Greg Lelesiuao
3. Nathan Davis
4. Dane Aukafolau
5. Atini Gafa
6.Bradley Deitz
7. Arana Taumata
8. Magnus Stromquist
9. Cameron King
10. Siosaia Vave
11.Matthew Woods
12. Haimona Hiroti
13. Ray Stone

14. Nicholas Kassis
15. Jack Morris
16.Piki Rogers
17. Kurt De Luis
18. Carl Winterstein

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/leagueunlimited-isp-teams-2018-round-7/

King is in for a busy weekend.

No French, Prozchenko is full of shit.

Someone tweeted that French had a bung shoulder.

So this Winterstein merkin is from Penrith u20s ?

30483E4F-8E26-4E3B-9CEF-B207FE6BDC27.jpeg

JokerEel

Coach
apologize Twizz I didn't put in a link.

Can someone explain to me the Logic in having Taumata in the side and not promote a younger player up? are they not ready? Didnt Mahoney play in the first round of NSW cup?

I used to love seeing the Juniors get a run back in the day with the older guys..

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
apologize Twizz I didn't put in a link.

Can someone explain to me the Logic in having Taumata in the side and not promote a younger player up? are they not ready? Didnt Mahoney play in the first round of NSW cup?

I used to love seeing the Juniors get a run back in the day with the older guys..

Between our 2 current halves in Flegg we have Jaeman Salmon (18 turning 19) who played his second game of the season after injuring his neck last year and Dylan Brown is currently only 17 turning 18 in a couple of months. We also had Joe Taipari but unfortunately injured his knee the week before Salmon returned, so if he was fit we may have seen Brown playing ISP, I'm not really sure about that one.

Yeah Mahoney played the first round of the ISP, and I thought was the best player on the field, unsure why he's not playing in ISP he was certainly good enough to make the step up initially.

There is a 2 week break in the Flegg for rounds 9 & 10, I'm hoping we see a few players promoted in these 2 weeks.

Chipmunk

Coach
Yeah Mahoney played the first round of the ISP, and I thought was the best player on the field, unsure why he's not playing in ISP he was certainly good enough to make the step up initially.

You'd have to think that we have to give whoever is not playing NRL at the time out of King and Pritchard priority for the 9 spot at Wenty.

JokerEel

Coach
You'd have to think that we have to give whoever is not playing NRL at the time out of King and Pritchard priority for the 9 spot at Wenty.

I thought so but Mahoney could start on bench then when he comes on King could go into the halves or Pritchard to lock..

It's like with French he should have played Wenty this week instead of playing last weekend. Hoffman wasn't doing a bad job on the wing..