What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Salmon breaks a couple of tackles and puts aukafolau over. 22-6 3 mins after half time.
From the kickoff we let the ball bounce over the dead ball line for the dropout. Mounties score next set 28-6

34-24 Mounties ft. Fought back in the second half after a diabolical first stanza. Sounds like Mahoney and Salmon tried hard but lacked consistent excecution.

All good mate, was just gonna ask about Salmon's kicking game if you were onsite...

Good to have guys like him an Mahoney lead a fightback, though. Good signs.

I gotta say Baz from what I could decipher from the callers Salmon's kicking game sounded like a mixed bag at best with a few 7 tackle sets and deflections into opposition players. In fairness to jaeman it sounded as if he got zero help from Taumata and the team was collectively better when Piki Rogers replaced him in the halves.

Bazal

Post Whore
I gotta say Baz from what I could decipher from the callers Salmon's kicking game sounded like a mixed bag at best with a few 7 tackle sets and deflections into opposition players. In fairness to jaeman it sounded as if he got zero help from Taumata and the team was collectively better when Piki Rogers replaced him in the halves.

Yeah not suprised by that, Taumata was never a kicking player. Could run a footy (and also from the law) but couldn't kick for shit.

Yeah not suprised by that, Taumata was never a kicking player. Could run a footy (and also from the law) but couldn't kick for shit.

Yep he has been pretty plodtastic for Wenty all year. He have Beau henry and Dylan Izzard playing Massey cup who I think would both be better halves options and good foil for Salmon to the learn the ropes with, but I am unsure why they aren't ahead of Taumata. Maybe clearence issues but that's a stab in the dark.