What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gazzamatta

Coach
The dream has been realised. A consistent defensive structure throughout the grades. Players can be added or deleted seamlessly.

All good mate, was just gonna ask about Salmon's kicking game if you were onsite...

Good to have guys like him an Mahoney lead a fightback, though. Good signs.

I was there.
His kicking game was so so. Wenty lost Arana through injury and Jaemon had to play both sides of the field. He had a real go of trying to make something happen without pushing stupid passes. I was impressed with his composure and the way he put his hand up for someone with his experience. Augers well he would have learned a bit from the loss. The young man still has a way to go though. Thought his defence was better today

JokerEel

Coach
Mahoney looked ok in the highlights..
Piss Poor defense though some very easy tries..

I have been saying this for a while now our players seem to expect someone else to do the work and do alot of watching...

Bazal

Post Whore

I have been saying this for a while now our players seem to expect someone else to do the work and do alot of watching...

Like I said, it's classic NSW Cup footy....

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was there.
His kicking game was so so. Wenty lost Arana through injury and Jaemon had to play both sides of the field. He had a real go of trying to make something happen without pushing stupid passes. I was impressed with his composure and the way he put his hand up for someone with his experience. Augers well he would have learned a bit from the loss. The young man still has a way to go though. Thought his defence was better today
They should go better next week with Corey, Bev and Teps in their team. Lol.

JokerEel

Coach
What?

Are you in the wrong thread...? This is the NSW Cup thread

The Wenty game was classic state cup defence...it's not necessarily indicative of any issues filtering in from first grade.

Man there are some douche ass posters in here these days....

We as a club have that attitude...

Bazal

Post Whore
Man there are some douche ass posters in here these days....

We as a club have that attitude...

What?

Dude, you're the one who responded to a post in the NSW Cup thread with some meaningless comment about first grade. Don't be so sensitive...

NSW Cup defence is generally ratshit. It's inevitable when you have a mix of promising Flegg players, genuine state cup players and borderline NRL players all on the same field.

This comment

JokerEel said:

Just typifies NSW Cup defenses as a whole.

Dibs

Bench
What?

Dude, you're the one who responded to a post in the NSW Cup thread with some meaningless comment about first grade. Don't be so sensitive...

NSW Cup defence is generally ratshit. It's inevitable when you have a mix of promising Flegg players, genuine state cup players and borderline NRL players all on the same field.

This comment

Just typifies NSW Cup defenses as a whole.
I wouldn’t take this dude to seriously mate, he comes across as a bit of a joker. I mean he is no Heath Ledger but still

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The dream has been realised. A consistent defensive structure throughout the grades. Players can be added or deleted seamlessly.
A NSW Cup side has NRL contracted (full time) players and part-timers contracted to the NSW Cup entity. So the strength of the team's attack depends on the NRL players in the side while the defence is only as good as the number and quality of part-timers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
1. Gutherson
2. French
3. Jennings
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Brown
15. Takairangi
16. Mannah
17. Evans

18. Hoffman
19. Smith
20. Salmon
21. Stone?
22. Leleisiuao?
23. Aukafolau?
23. Mahoney?
24. Kaufusi?

Gronk

Staff member
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/05/22/wentworthville-magpies-round-12-team-list/

Wentworthville Magpies side

1. Nathan Milone
2. Nathan Davis
3. Kirisome Auva’a
4. Dane Aukafolau
5. Eddie Aiono
6. Brad Deitz
7. Arana Taumata
8. Magnus Stromquist
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Haimona Hiroti
11. Matt Woods