What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

I doubt Schneider would go straight from SG Ball to ISP with no Flegg experience, coming off a shoulder surgery he'll likely spend a year or so in the 20's.

Also I can't see us re-signing Davis so that spot would be taken by one of Dunster, Fonua or Parry. I also wouldn't discredit Afualo for a starting centre spot, he did train a bit with first grade at the start of the pre-season. I also believe that Dylan Brown would take up one of the halves' spots in ISP next year, if not for the rest of this year.

Personally I think we'll see a lot of young players in our ISP team next year, or I at least hope we will. As it stands I have 12 players that would be 22 or younger in a predicted 17 for next year, but that's just my thoughts on the players and assuming that they aren't in first grade.

I agree with most of your comments. But i wouldn't be suprised if Schneider gets a crack there some stage next year. He would of been playing 20s this year.
Take into consideration his shoulder and the club not wanting to rush him,
I can see him starting the 1st half of the year in 20s and eventually Isp at some stage.

Dylan Brown 100% and it will be Parry and Dunster at some stage also.

Either way its a complete overhaul of Isp. Love the youth look of the team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No I But I expect our 2nd team to have better players than..

1. Abbas Miski --- Wont make first Grade
2. Edward Aiono --- Wont make first Grade
3. Nathan Davis --- Wont make first Grade Again
4. Dane Aukafolau --- Wont make first Grade
5. Greg Leleisiuao-- 50/50 to play first grade
6. Arana Taumata-HAHAHAHA
7. Rhys Davies--- Wont make first Grade
8. Magnus Stromquist--- Wont make first Grade
9. Kaysa Pritchard--- Will be back in firsts soon
10. Oregon Kaufusi--- Should be in first grade one day
11. Matthew Woods--- Wont make first Grade
12. Piki Rogers--- Wont make first Grade
13. Daniel Dole--- Wont make first Grade
14. Salesi Fainga’a-- Should be in first grade one day
15. Haimona Hiroti--- Wont make first Grade
16. Yileen Gordon--- Wont make first Grade
17. Jack Morris--- Wont make first Grade
Only Davis, Pritchard and maybe Leleisiuao are in our top 30. Aukafolau is in our development squad.
Kirisome Auva’a ---- Wont play first grade again but is a good NSW cup player
Played 21 games in the season he won a premiership with Souths.
19. Kane Evans--- Dont think he will lay first grade again but is a good NSW cup player
Was good enough to play 70+ games for the Roosters.
20. Jaeman Salmon--- Wont make first Grade - Harsh truth will go to England
Let's wait until he's at least too old for Flegg.
21. Suaia Matagi--- Wont play first grade again off to England
He's a good backup but you don't want him playing 20+ games. However in the previous two years he played 20+ games for Penrith (2016) and Parra (last year) and won almost 60%
22. Josh Hoffman--- Handy backup
Agreed. He's yet another fullback, and a bit too small for the wing.
Pretty Piss poor Backup side... Playing in NSW cup should be getting younger guys ready for the step up to first grade and developing skills for guys who are fringe first graders unfortunately our side isn't...
At full strength we have a pretty good backup team. Unfortunately we've had a bunch of injuries and suspensions.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I agree huge call on Salmon as only 19yo
Although i think will get some time eventually i cant see long term where you fit him in.
Only my opinion but he is not a 5/8. Never played center and i think will be to small for back eow.
Will be interesting to see how he develops in the future.
But needs time in a certain position to see how he goes. Prob make a good utility

Salmon will be no smaller then Graham / Jackson both origin players

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I agree with most of your comments. But i wouldn't be suprised if Schneider gets a crack there some stage next year. He would of been playing 20s this year.
Take into consideration his shoulder and the club not wanting to rush him,
I can see him starting the 1st half of the year in 20s and eventually Isp at some stage.

Dylan Brown 100% and it will be Parry and Dunster at some stage also.

Either way its a complete overhaul of Isp. Love the youth look of the team

I took the original comment to mean they thought Schneider would play ISP from round 1. Even though he's supposedly doing an NRL preseason I reckon he'll start the year in Flegg to gauge where he's at after the injury.

Absolutely agree on the look of the potential team and hopefully in years to come we can use the ISP as the team we play a lot of our best 20’s with a bit of first grade experienced players.

It also goes to show that developing juniors takes time and only works if you've got the right systems in place for all players since they were at a young age. As you know, developing juniors takes time and we are only now seeing the results of what began 5 years ago and this is only the start.

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Ray Stone released ?
Nowhere to be seen.

Rested ?

Nowhere to be seen? So he's been released? Far out you're a crisis merchant. He's got a knee injury, have a look at the photos from the arcade on the Eels website, he's in the background of a photo between Vave and Williams.

Settle petal

Bazal

Post Whore
Nowhere to be seen? So he's been released? Far out you're a crisis merchant. He's got a knee injury, have a look at the photos from the arcade on the Eels website, he's in the background of a photo between Vave and Williams.

Settle petal

In fairness if you were sandwiched between Vave and T-Rex you'd probably be nowhere to be seen as well... Poor FlintStone

Gronk

Staff member
Wonder if any more Flegg players will get a run due to the bye weeks?

Might as well. As for the team picked on Tuesday, I'm keen to see how Dane Aukafolau, Greg Leleisiuao, Kaysa Pritchard, Oregon Kaufusi, Salesi Fainga’a & Jack Morris go.

Latest posts