What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well duh, I'm not an idiot.

Problem is, not having seen it, your entire post is irrelevant. There were no numbers. The inside man was covered, Davis was on the centre, Louganis had his winger covered, Davis jammed on the inside runner and the centre went straight through the hole he left.
Fair enough. But far too often we see merkins shrieking about how some outside back, faced with numbers, should've just stayed on his opposite number. It does my head in.
It was shit defence (which I wrongly attributed to Auva'a)
If you were wrong about that what else were you wrong about ffs merkin!

hindy111

Post Whore
So you're agreeing fitness looks like it might be an issue?

Looks like a lazy play like he was at Roosters. Some guys just dont have the same heart as others. Sometimes a new environment changes there attitude while others it makes no difference. They just arent motivated people

Bazal

Post Whore
Fair enough. But far too often we see merkins shrieking about how some outside back, faced with numbers, should've just stayed on his opposite number. It does my head in.

If you were wrong about that what else were you wrong about ffs merkin!

Don't blame me FFS, they look identical!

Bazal

Post Whore
Hows Lui look?

He's packed on a few kgs....

skysports-robert-lui-salford-rugby-league_3973209.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
Salmon has a rubbish kick and is yet to take the line on.

You’ll need to do more than be a link man merkin. Have a go FFS.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No luck for Wenty too by the looks, it's really just a bad year with some bad luck.

Onwards and upwards.

hindy111

Post Whore
Newtwon have a few guys who just have skill and speed...
Kid called Xerri is a genuine first grader for sure.Potential stasr

Miski been wentys best and is a genuine park footy player at best. That speaks volumes.
Kafusi looks a bit slow in everything je does at this stage.
Fainga is slow in defense and leave holes all over place. His charges lack potency.

Matagi best of forwards by a mile. A good NRL prop dominates this level.

On GL and D.Aka i dont see anything in there athleticism to make me think they can take step to first grade.

Explain this.!

Newtown have 2 players with 3 NRL games combine today

Wenty have 6 players with over 150 NRL games combine.

Yet we get flogged.!

This tells me even our back up players are not even Nsw cup material let alone NRL material

Our future players Akafolou, GL, Salmon, Kaufusi, Faiang'a
The only player i would want pr give an opportunity to would be Kaufusi. The rest are Woeful.

Xerri is an outstanding talent - Turning 18 this year he is the same age as our SG Ball boys like Brown, Schneider, Utoikamanu.
He played origin with some of our boys u16s - u18s and played Aussie school boys with Dunster, Parry, Schnieder, Cronin last year.
At lest sharks give there young guys a crack, look at the ages of that team right across the park. Sharks & St George would have the 2 youngest Nsw cup teams in the comp.

We need to follow suit. Clean out at the top & clean out required at Nsw cup level. Starting giving the young ones an opportunity.

Salmon has confirmed everything iv always said, Not a 5/8 at all. Woeful.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Major whispers that in the offseason that Wenty did not want Cayless as coach and had earmarked someone else. Was told by Parramatta that they appoint the coach and Cayless was appointed.

Wenty very unhappy with that decisison and the rest as they say is history.

Cayless has had no success at any level, and Wenty look a shambles, past blamimg it on the amount of preparation they get, focus on the coaching they get.

No wonder we cant win a game in the NRL

We dont even have anyone in Nsw cup pushing or putting pressure on the coach to get an opportunity,

F#%k them all off and start fresh with young potential players. Couldnt do any worst

Gronk

Staff member
Blokes not having a go because they think they're too good for reserve grade?
I reckon Salmon thinks he’s playing with nuffies. Thing is that his tackle 5 kicks where rubbish and I dont think he took the line on once. Very immature if I am right about his body language.

Kaysa was good and Matagi ran strong. The rest didn’t try or were not good enough.

Latest posts