What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Preseason to the Preseason.? Whats that.? Do you know what the club are doing with Toupou and Dressler

Salesi told me the other week the club has them coming in and doing extra sessions so that when they start next preseason they are more prepared for NRL training. I see this as perhaps fast tracking but that's only my assumption. I assume they will be the rookie contracts with one gaining top 30
Don't know what they are doing with the other two. I'm a fan of both

hindy111

Post Whore
Fainga looks a little clumsy to me. His runs didnt seem as powerfull for Fiji.
Utoikamanu looks a prospect.
Dressler would be to old for 20s? Injured most of last season he might be worth persisting with. How has he looked?

Any news on guys like Dane Aka, Stone and GL?
Id imagine Davis gives up on footy. And doesn't seem like Aka has taken much of a step forward. GL been injured but also has to many weaknesses.

Actually thought this was a bit of a secret as he wasn't named in the club release so didn't say anything but just saw he is named in the big league

Haha you know what secrets are like. Its not what you know but who you know.
The News traveled pretty fast regarding Haze. Good luck to the kid. He has been outstanding this year.

hindy111

Post Whore
Given the position of the side and the injuries we have had throughout the season and the fact that he's signed for another two seasons, the decision to keep Evans in Reserve Grade is a perplexing one.

It is. Chances are Vave wont be here and our season is over. Why not give Evans first grade experience ?
I still reckon there is more behind it. Wether Evans is a lazy trainer or a shit attitude the fact an average unsigned prop is keeping him out is mind boggling.
Infact I'd say Matagi is infront of him and we are missing

Manu,Scott,TRex,Edwards.

Imagine they where all fit. Evans may be on bench for Wenty.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Given the position of the side and the injuries we have had throughout the season and the fact that he's signed for another two seasons, the decision to keep Evans in Reserve Grade is a perplexing one.
He just needs more fitness.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m guessing attitude. Or do you reckon after 75 games he’s forgotten how to play?

I reckon attitude.
BA doesn't drop guys easy. He knows what Evans is capable of and even though he is probably good enough to be in the 17 his effort if improved could make him a high quality prop rather then a bench / fill in guy.

Latest posts