What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he was made to look better than he really is off the back of the Roosters pack.
The point is for three years he was still good enough for their pack. But now he’s not good enough for ours? It certainly points to our depth, and Arthur did say Evans was here to improve our depth.

Happy MEel

First Grade
The point is for three years he was still good enough for their pack. But now he’s not good enough for ours? It certainly points to our depth, and Arthur did say Evans was here to improve our depth.
I think Evans would be adequate as a bit part bench middle if the remaining middles are dominant. We were never going to be that club this year. Even with Junior I don’t think it’s enough to carry Evans. Perhaps if we were to land a Tapau we could use him off the bench. But even then, who do you drop? Peni has been going very well of late, Mannah and Alvaro’s defence and workrate will be needed even more with those two big boppers and Brown is Brown. We’ve also got Kaufusi who could be ready for a call up if injuries strike and Lane/Tep can also play in the middle. There are rumours we’re looking at Musgrave so he could very quickly find himself 10th or 11th in the pecking order. He is on far too much money to be languishing that far away from 1st grade.

Gronk

Staff member
I think he was made to look better than he really is off the back of the Roosters pack.

Merkin needs to find his angry face again !
angered.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
I think with a full pre-season he’ll be able to gain the weight they want him to gain.

I think this is probably at the root of the problem.

I had my doubts about Evans and I'm obviously not sold yet, but a badly broken wrist severely affects your pre-season. Shit-bricks say "oh you can still run" but you can't do any weights and probably just about zero strength training or high intensity training.

That hurts your conditioning and fitness, and you'll drop weight. Especially if you are still doing running and cycling and whatnot. It's very tough to get that back during the season.

chiefy1

Juniors
Let's face it, ba fkd it up signing Jane Evans for 3 years. Admit it Pau pau you will in time.

ill bet anything BA would like to have that decision back.

It just proves Arthur is hit and miss in talent spotting

Bazal

Post Whore
Let's face it, ba fkd it up signing Jane Evans for 3 years. Admit it Pau pau you will in time.

Tell us more about Hipgrave....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

If we’d only signed him for a year we would have gotten no value out of him. After breaking his arm in the pre-season, 2018 was a write-off. Lucky we’ve got him longer.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If we’d only signed him for a year we would have gotten no value out of him. After breaking his arm in the pre-season, 2018 was a write-off. Lucky we’ve got him longer.
Forever the optimist Poo. I hope you are right and he improves but its not looking good. I think BA might have lost patience with him. Wouldnt be surprised if hes trying to move him on. Reminds me much of that Pommy Prop BA pushed out of the club.

Gronk

Staff member

You’re a bit obsessed with the whole Kane Evans thing, right ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Forever the optimist Poo. I hope you are right and he improves but its not looking good. I think BA might have lost patience with him. Wouldnt be surprised if hes trying to move him on. Reminds me much of that Pommy Prop BA pushed out of the club.
Except Arthur didn’t sign Mossop.

Latest posts