What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Chipmunk

Coach
Small sample size I know but Dylan Brown has completed 50/53 so far in the ISP which is approx 94% tackling efficiency. Also in the past 2 games that Brown has played Salmon has ran for over 100m in each game, shows what a good half can do for the players around them.

Does anyone think this Brown will be ready for a start next season with either Norman/Moses as the other half?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With his strong defence he’d have to be a near certainty to become a first grader, but next year might be too soon. He’d have to be a better chance of a debut if we lose one of our current halves though.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
With his strong defence he’d have to be a near certainty to become a first grader, but next year might be too soon. He’d have to be a better chance of a debut if we lose one of our current halves though.

Nah I reckon he'll be ready for first grade at some point next year regardless of who is in the halves.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How good is his defence? Could he defend in the middle for 20 minutes?

Obviously he still pretty bloody young, only 19 next year so has plenty of time but is it possible for him to take a utility role for a few games next year and spend some time at hooker to easy him into the NRL ?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
How good is his defence? Could he defend in the middle for 20 minutes?

Obviously he still pretty bloody young, only 19 next year so has plenty of time but is it possible for him to take a utility role for a few games next year and spend some time at hooker to easy him into the NRL ?

He probably could, I'd prefer to see him start in the 7. It took him a few games to settle there in the 20s last year and will take him a few games to settle into ISP. But he's something special, I don't think it'd be worth it playing him off the bench as a utility.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Assuming Norman goes.
Play Gutho at centre on Fergos side with Merroa and have Dylan Brown defend on the same side.
Hayne, Jenko, Moses and Mau on the other side. French to 1. This could work.
We also need to review our compressed defensive style. Its just not working on the edges and hasnt been for ages.

hindy111

Post Whore
He probably could, I'd prefer to see him start in the 7. It took him a few games to settle there in the 20s last year and will take him a few games to settle into ISP. But he's something special, I don't think it'd be worth it playing him off the bench as a utility.

More to the point in NSW cup in a horrible team. The packs not strong. If he had W.Smith,King with Auvau and Hoffman in backs and say Gower,Beau Scott,Niaukore and Edwards he would find it far easier.

Gronk

Staff member
Wentworthville Magpies side
1. Nathan Davis
2. Haze Dunster
3. Dane Aukafolau
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Greg Leleisiuao
6. Arana Taumata
7. Dylan Brown
8. Magnus Stromquist
9. Rhys Davies