What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

butchmcdick

Immortal
thanks that answers the question.

if news ltd hadnt came in with SL, the club wouldve been fine and not needed to be saved.

Thats bullsh*t as well dally. The entire board was the same as it was pre superleague. It wouldn't have mattered who was running the game we would have been rooted. Ron Mclean our ceo was not a ceo's arsehole. Rabieh krayhem was sh*te as the GM. If news hadn't have bailed us out we would have folded. Not everything is superleagues fault. Well thats not true. I am sure your last and quite possibly first ever girlfriend left you due to your constant rants about superleague. What the bus is late ? Why it's all part of the giant news conspiricy to break me down baby. Have i told you about superleague baby ?

Thats bullsh*t as well dally. The entire board was the same as it was pre superleague. It wouldn't have mattered who was running the game we would have been rooted. Ron Mclean our ceo was not a ceo's arsehole. Rabieh krayhem was sh*te as the GM. If news hadn't have bailed us out we would have folded. Not everything is superleagues fault. Well thats not true. I am sure your last and quite possibly first ever girlfriend left you due to your constant rants about superleague. What the bus is late ? Why it's all part of the giant news conspiricy to break me down baby. Have i told you about superleague baby ?

kerry boustead had a position at the cowboys, what happened to him?

take out $5 million a year on player salaries and the finances of every club was fine.

The only reason you were in deep sh*t was because of Superleague and that was News' fault. That f**ked many clubs up.

The Cowboys would be here today no problems had News stayed out of it altogether.

news ltd seems to be like a dealer.

they get their clubs addicted to their help, and then get them staying loyal for the next hit

Brutus

Referee
Boustead was appalled with many at the Cowboys for jumping on board with News LTD.

So appalled he resigned immediately after doing all the hardwork helping set the club up.

They lost a really good RL man with a good business sense the day they lost Bowie.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Boustead was appalled with many at the Cowboys for jumping on board with News LTD.

So appalled he resigned immediately after doing all the hardwork helping set the club up.

They lost a really good RL man with a good business sense the day they lost Bowie.

Yeah bowie is a business jugger naught

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/

How convenient that Masters wasn't there this morning.

Almost threw up when I saw that the panel was Barrie Cassidy (AFL man), Caroline Wilson (AFL girl), Gideon Haigh (Cricket man), and Jacquelin Magnay (Writes about League, but loves her Rugby and AFL too).

All the questions were total softballs to be sure.

ibeme

First Grade
I tuned in at the tail end of a radio recording in which a girl was detailing what sounded like a sexual encounter with AFL players. I'm just wondering what radio station that the audio was from. I'd also like to know what the panel had to say about the events of the last week.

Brutus

Referee
I heard that radio interview as well with a girl called Rebecca. Said she unexpectedly took on about 5 AFL players when she originally thought she was only going to be with one. She felt uncomfortable, but didn't complain. It says something about an AFL gang bang culture as well but you won't ever hear that from anyone in the media.

Will Melbourne papers try to hunt the girl down for a story? No.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Offsiders just brushed it off,it was an anonymous call ect ect,that supercilious swine Harms had a good go at Rugby league,and all of them where busy defending 4 Corners saying how great it was the usual metrosexual BS.
Wondering if any knewthe AFL writer for the SMH mail add as thinks anyone who disagrees if a nuckel dragging moron.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I heard that radio interview as well with a girl called Rebecca. Said she unexpectedly took on about 5 AFL players when she originally thought she was only going to be with one. She felt uncomfortable, but didn't complain. It says something about an AFL gang bang culture as well but you won't ever hear that from anyone in the media.

they'd hang up on her if she rang them up wanting to tell her story in the paper

no name

Coach

Wilson? :sarcasm:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The radio station was 101.9 Fox fm on the "Matt and Jo show in the morning".

The girl in the AFL incident said it took place in the President of the clubs house!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree the way the soccer and AFL incidents were brushed, not one sentiment of outrage. I mean we have a 13 year old girl here, in the case of the soccer incident. No crying out about AFL culture or calls for an investigation. Double standards in the extreme. Why is league carrying the can on it's own?

LESStar58

Referee

It's only a matter of time before something like this comes out and is more elaborated on in the AFL.

babyg

Juniors
Watched it last night, that story was absolutely no diferent to the Cronulla incident. The guy invited his mates to join in, she felt pressured to cooperate. The only difference is that the girl took responsibility for it. Magnay should of had the guts to speak up.

If it's league and it's consentual - it becomes a attitude to women issue
where in other sports they condone it.

That host even brought up the league "aggressive sport, high risk taking" view

elbusto

Coach
The Offsiders today again attacked Rugby League raising the Nate Myles issue. On the one had they sit and praise AFL to the hilt. Then they denigrate Rugby League. Poor old Roy Masters looked angry as the moron next to him basically said Rugby League is the only code with behvavioural problems. The show is crap.:oops:

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Drinking culture V drug culture.....

GAFL seems preoccupied with giving it to league. Let em. Our game isnt going anywhere.

mightybears

Bench
Primarily Victorians, obsessed by their game-leave them to it.
No one seriously thinks [other than LDS sufferers like Kennett] that our game's drink/drug culture is any better/worse than their drink/drug culture!

Flapper

First Grade
Writing about your displeasure here won't change much, write the ABC, spam Caroline Wilson with the evidence and facts and see what she says. Try as they might, the more people that rubbish their agendas the harder they will be to continue to push.

Latest posts