What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Red Bear

Referee
Watched todays ep (soaking up all Cubs media) and Kelli Underwood was hosting. Much better show. Maybe helped that cricket was largely the focus, but in general each segment was given its time, there was interest from the host in each topic. Heaps better than Gerards focus on AFL and horse racing and general derision of those sports that don't interest him.

Dodgy

Juniors
Err. Today's show isn't looking good.

Edit: Holy ****! As soon as I post. The belated mention of RL is for the Ben barba ****.

BuffaloRules

Coach
They mentioned NRL before that...

When they were talking about A League coaches criticising referees after the games, they said it was a growing trend prevelant in all sports with the "NRL leading the way"..

No mention of the RL 4 nations though but nice to hear that the AFL
Ladies Comp has had the minimum wage increased from $5k to $8k a year...

Err. Today's show isn't looking good.

Edit: Holy ****! As soon as I post. The belated mention of RL is for the Ben barba ****.

When they were talking about A League coaches criticising referees after the games, they said it was a growing trend prevelant in all sports with the "NRL leading the way"..

I really don't know why Rugby League watch this dross.
It never has anything positive to say about our game.

Dodgy

Juniors
When before I didn't agree all the criticism was warranted. Because 4n is a comp that treads a line of being an international comp, but not a big one. My impression is that no mentioning of it today just blatant disregard of the comp's existence.

Then to compound that with babble on Ben barba's problems, when that's old news now, is a bit of bs.

When before I didn't agree all the criticism was warranted. Because 4n is a comp that treads a line of being an international comp, but not a big one. My impression is that no mentioning of it today just blatant disregard of the comp's existence.

Then to compound that with babble on Ben barba's problems, when that's old news now, is a bit of bs.
The 4 nations is a proper international comp that in involves Australia There is no excuse what so ever of offsiders not mentioning it.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I really don't know why Rugby League watch this dross.
It never has anything positive to say about our game.

Fitzsimons never says anything positive about RL either but I generally read his comments each Sat too...

I'm interested in what angles these sporting bigots are using to criticise the game...

Beside,if I just watched/read media that was continually pro rugby league it wouldn't take up much time...where do these unicorns exist?

taipan

Referee

That was that snooty nose Georgina Robinson (the union journo for the Herald).Took great delight in mentioning
NRL leading the way on ref criticism.
That Kelly Underwood the AFL commentator /Offsiders' moderator, also seemed to enjoy the comment in the last minute."You can' have an offseason without a league player being in the news."
The guy on the show Leach show commented'The NRL will give him another chance or 2 or 3 or 4,that's what they do."

So no mention of the Sharks winning the G/F the following week ,and no mention of the 4 nations this week.

That was that snooty nose Georgina Robinson (the union journo for the Herald).Took great delight in mentioning
NRL leading the way on ref criticism.
That Kelly Underwood the AFL commentator /Offsiders' moderator, also seemed to enjoy the comment in the last minute."You can' have an offseason without a league player being in the news."
The guy on the show Leach show commented'The NRL will give him another chance or 2 or 3 or 4,that's what they do."

So no mention of the Sharks winning the G/F the following week ,and no mention of the 4 nations this week.

That Francis Leach is a massive dick smoker.

I didn't see this comment but the hypocrisy is astounding considering AFL's 30 strike policy.

Roy: "We won the Four Nations tournament and you've got your One Nation Tournament"

Carro: "And we've got Marcus Bontompelli(?)!"

Hmm, WTF?! f**king bizzarro!

LESStar58

Referee
Roy: "We won the Four Nations tournament and you've got your One Nation Tournament"

Carro: "And we've got Marcus Bontompelli(?)!"

Hmm, WTF?! f**king bizzarro!

I just watched that. Caro Wilson is a disgusting excuse for a human being. Hopefully it isn't too much longer before the old skid retires.

The show is a joke and tax payers fund this nonsense.

taipan

Referee
I just watched that. Caro Wilson is a disgusting excuse for a human being. Hopefully it isn't too much longer before the old skid retires.

The show is a joke and tax payers fund this nonsense.

I agree this same Age journo on the Offsiders,went off half cocked, when the Drugs in Sport shock horror became news.

She stated pretty much spot on"I heard the NRL will have a lot more players involved than the AFL which expect to be a few."
Fast forward 34 Essenbong players and about a dozen or so NRL players from the Sharks.

She then made some silly point from memory about the MCG would not get 50,000 for the SOO.It was to do with rl crowds and she had NFI.
The same twit admitted on another day at the Offsiders ,she doesn't watch rugby league.Well there you go,an expert with no knowledge.She must be on a three strikes or more idiocy policy.

LESStar58

Referee
I agree this same Age journo on the Offsiders,went off half cocked, when the Drugs in Sport shock horror became news.

She stated pretty much spot on"I heard the NRL will have a lot more players involved than the AFL which expect to be a few."
Fast forward 34 Essenbong players and about a dozen or so NRL players from the Sharks.

She then made some silly point from memory about the MCG would not get 50,000 for the SOO.It was to do with rl crowds and she had NFI.
The same twit admitted on another day at the Offsiders ,she doesn't watch rugby league.Well there you go,an expert with no knowledge.She must be on a three strikes or more idiocy policy.

And we have already started with the "experts" saying that Origin in Perth in 2019 will be a failure.

Latest posts