What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

insert.pause

First Grade
No mention of all stars game, but found room to talk about the Super Bowl, after wanking over afl inventing women's sport and how it's such a monumental moment in Australian sport that has other codes worried... after 2 weeks!

Ignore Auckland nines last week, ignore all stars this week, but it's not biased? How does such blatant bias meet abc's charter?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Is it true one of the panelists made a joke about Darius Boyd's previous battles with depression? I've seen some blow ups on Twitter about it.

Burwood

Bench
Is it true one of the panelists made a joke about Darius Boyd's previous battles with depression? I've seen some blow ups on Twitter about it.

Waleed was praising Boyd at the end because of his transformation from a guy who hated talking to the media to the new club captain. I was only half listening, but I don't think it was anything untoward.

insert.pause

First Grade
Seriously though, can you imagine the gushing if the afl had an allstars game, yet they just pretend it didn't happen in rugby league. Along with ignoring the Nines the week before, how can they seriously defend themselves against such blatant bias! Once can be excused away as an oversight, twice in as many episodes is deliberate. Made a complaint, will be interesting to see their mandatory response.

No mention of all stars game, but found room to talk about the Super Bowl, after wanking over afl inventing women's sport and how it's such a monumental moment in Australian sport that has other codes worried... after 2 weeks!

Ignore Auckland nines last week, ignore all stars this week, but it's not biased? How does such blatant bias meet abc's charter?
Mate its a scum show , aimed mainly at the low life of Australian society.

Big Salad

Juniors
Another Gerard gem on today's show, "Michelle Payne's Melbourne Cup win was the tipping point... it changed women's sport."

Even the all-women panel were incredulous at the suggestion.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
How's the AFLW hyperbole going on offsiders at the moment...

f**k me they have had like 10 games, and been absolutely gifted. .

free admission to all games, Live FTA coverage accross country on number 1 channel, live Fox coverage, front page media in adelaide for example....

Basically spits in the face of W league, WNBL, Netball, WPGA etc who have all struggled for 20 years to get a start on ch 7,9,10 etc..

Within 2 weeks being declared as the panacea of womens inclusion world wide..

I swear a sit com re run would rate 300k on a sat arvo on ch 7 FTA ... but AFLW is suddenly the best thing ever

bnie7349

Juniors
How's the AFLW hyperbole going on offsiders at the moment...

f**k me they have had like 10 games, and been absolutely gifted. .

free admission to all games, Live FTA coverage accross country on number 1 channel, live Fox coverage, front page media in adelaide for example....

Basically spits in the face of W league, WNBL, Netball, WPGA etc who have all struggled for 20 years to get a start on ch 7,9,10 etc..

Within 2 weeks being declared as the panacea of womens inclusion world wide..

I swear a sit com re run would rate 300k on a sat arvo on ch 7 FTA ... but AFLW is suddenly the best thing ever

According to Dan Ginnane, AFLW peak ratings for round 1 was 700 000, 600 000 for round 2 and dropped down to 180 000 in round 3. The novelty is already wearing off. I'm sure they will come up with excuses for it on the next show.

Vic Mackey

Referee
According to Dan Ginnane, AFLW peak ratings for round 1 was 700 000, 600 000 for round 2 and dropped down to 180 000 in round 3. The novelty is already wearing off. I'm sure they will come up with excuses for it on the next show.

But I thought it was taking over and netball was effectively dead in australia now?

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Womens ozzie rules was invented by aboriginal women and the virgin mary after they fashioned a ball out of a placenta after giving birth to the prophet mohammed in the suburbs of western sydney leading to women getting the vote with the spice girls singing the national anthem while paying homage to the god Caroline Wilson.