Offsiders

Discussion in 'NRL Media Watch' started by donkey|rope, Mar 2, 2008.

1. taipan

taipan Coach

Perhaps our non researching Cumberland Throwup, Fox should have got Blocker Roach to host the Dally Ms in future .A rugby league man to his heart and the oratory of a punch drunk street thug.

2. LeagueXIII

LeagueXIII Bench

Fine, don't pass yourself off as a league expert then and stick to afl. It wouldn't go the other way would it.

3. Headless Chook

Headless Chook Juniors

Great to see Roy dishing it out in spades today. First 10 minutes was all about SOO and all positive stuff. That old scrag Wilson tried in vain to bring up the old chestnut of NRL crowds being down when the old a Master cut her off mid sentence by saying we had a record crowd last night at Cronulla with 7 origin players out! Then went on to say the AFL will never resolve their indigenous problems until they have people in senior roles. This was said in reference to a bit of fluff by Wilson about how celebrated the Indigenous round is the AFL. Roy made a cheeky reference to Meninga being in charge of our National side.

4. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

why?

Meninga isn't indigenous

5. LeagueXIII

LeagueXIII Bench

One of the members of the NRL commission is indigenous, Chris Sarra

Australian Rugby League Commission
    Professor Chris Sarra
    [​IMG]
    Professor Chris Sarra is an inspirational Australian who has gained international recognition for his leadership in indigenous education.

An Australian of the Year finalist and former Queenslander of the Year, his strategic focus and leadership has changed the lives of young Australians through his ‘Stronger Smarter Institute’.

The youngest of ten children, Chris grew up in Bundaberg and learnt first-hand the challenges faced by many indigenous Australians.

As a school principal in Cherbourg he turned a lifetime of study and dedication into a new way forward for children who needed someone to believe in what they could achieve.

The Strong & Smart philosophy program he developed emphasised a positive sense of Aboriginal identity and led to dramatic improvements in educational outcomes that saw the school win national acclaim.

Quickly recognised as an important blue-print for indigenous education, the program has led to Chris being regarded as one of the most successful educators in Australia today.

He brings to the Commission not only a passion for indigenous Australia but also an insightful and quiet brand of leadership that can inspire those around him to strive for a better future.

Chris has previously worked with the Harvey Norman All Stars Learn Earn Legend! Indigenous team and the All Stars Indigenous Youth Summit.

As Rugby League continues its commitment to indigenous school to work programs, indigenous health and to ‘Closing the Gap’ that divides indigenous and non-indigenous communities, Professor Chris Sarra brings an important perspective to the game’s decision making process.

RL The greatest game likes this.
  6. beave

beave Coach

C'mon mate, let's stoop to their level and proclaim that Meninga is.......

7. LeagueXIII

LeagueXIII Bench

8. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

Just watching now. Roy's jibe about tax payer money. Gold! They couldn't move on fast enough after that!

RL The greatest game likes this.
  9. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Juniors

He is. A Torres Straight Islander..

10. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

he's not

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...raiders-indigenous-story-20150807-gitz05.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal_Meninga

11. no name

no name Coach

I believe he is South Sea Islander, not Indigenous to Australia.

12. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Juniors

Hmmm you may be right... I now recall him correcting an interviewer one time , back in his playing days. Could have been Mike Gibson..

13. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

may be right?

it says it on his wiki page and he has never been included in any indigenous side

he even coached against them in the All Stars game

14. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

15. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

16. Vee

Vee Juniors

Think I played with another brother, Dean SARRA, about a thousand years ago.

17. Dodgy

Dodgy Juniors

No acknowledgement of no AFL mention on Sunday?

18. taipan

taipan Coach

Noticed that.Would it be too outlandish for me to suggest ,wait for it:- "I'm call the Offsiders for rugby league now."

Dodgy likes this.
  19. Dodgy

Dodgy Juniors

I didn't watch the whole show. But assumed they would've talked about AFL

It was pretty funny the following morning. Listening to Whateley on his radio spot down here. There was actually a caller who ring in to complain about the show not talking about footy! As soon as in heard that, I thought of this thread. Apparently it was the first time ever that AFL hadn't been mentioned on the show.

20. Dodgy

Dodgy Juniors

Token AFL mention today. Mainly about a non-vic side Brisbane. That was only after NRL talk. Typically, rl gets discussed after AFL talk.