What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I find it interesting that whenever there are negative comments about the NRL administrators here you are defending away and deflecting without any acknowledgement that there are issues.. I never notice you talking about things like results of games or players switching clubs.. you know things that most posters here are interested in..

It doesnt matter how I think the money should be spent.... Im not an NRL administrator being paid a million a year...

I am interested in seeing positive results though .. you know like the game ( crowds and ratings) growing and expanding.... for the former the opposite is happening and there is no real plan for the latter...

The sad thing is that they may never have this windfall of money again...

A simple question for you that I assume you will avoid...Are you satisfied that the $130-$140M that you mentioned above is being spent wisely by the NRL ? The metrics I have listed don't suggest so,,, never mind that they are also broke...another matter I mentioned but you ignored...

I've got a funny feeling that the extra $110Mil will be spent somehow.... they wont be putting it in the bank...

Blah blah blah. I’ve commented on plenty of threads on here. I’ll ask for a 3rd time? Where do you think the $110 mil left over should be spent?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Blah blah blah. I’ve commented on plenty of threads on here. I’ll ask for a 3rd time? Where do you think the $110 mil left over should be spent?

Blah Blah blah...

Nothing to see here.. everything is going along swimmingly....The NRL are going from one success to the next....

My boss John Grant tells me so....

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Blah Blah blah...

Nothing to see here.. everything is going along swimmingly....The NRL are going from one success to the next....

My boss John Grant tells me so....

I don’t think they are doing amazing at all. Just average. Somethings they are doing well and somethings they have good intentions but due to clubs/players/gov find it hard to make it work. Ultimately it falls on the Nrl/commission because kpi don’t get met. I get frustrated at some decisions and the time it takes for things to get done. But it’s just crap that whenever something happens, it’s the Nrl fault.

4th time lucky? Still waiting for you to show where you’d spend the $110 mil? I’ll give you a hint.... state leagues? Grassroots? Digital?

Suitman

Post Whore
Roy tearing in this morning. Good to see.

Yep. He had several sly digs at the AFL.
Plenty of cricket, RL World Cup, RL Woman's World Cup, Football, Ange Postecoglou talk, Golf and........................................NO AFL!!!
Although they did manage to mention Sam Kerr's ex ALF playing brother even though the focus was on her. So, still had to be dicks. Roy got a sly comment in then too, to Tracy Holmes.

LESStar58

Referee
His dig at the AFL for poaching athletes for their little vanity project the AFLW, compared to how the NRL goes about the women's game (i.e. having women that have rugby league in their DNA) was gold.

Holmes was on to him straight away and he handled it marvelously, telling her to wait her turn, finishing his point then politely asking for her input.

Pedge1971

First Grade
His dig at the AFL for poaching athletes for their little vanity project the AFLW, compared to how the NRL goes about the women's game (i.e. having women that have rugby league in their DNA) was gold.

Holmes was on to him straight away and he handled it marvelously, telling her to wait her turn, finishing his point then politely asking for her input.

Smelli Fumblewood is the worst. Even when she says something remotely positive she rolls her eyes and plays the cynical bitch.

Kind of a Rebecca Wilson without the dui charges and hard on for ruining peoples lives.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Don Burke is a very sick man....

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...don-burke-at-1996-logies-20171128-gzutv8.html

Caroline Wilson reveals 'creepy' encounter with Don Burke at 1996 Logies

Respected sports journalist and commentator Caroline Wilson has revealed Don Burke once asked to lick her back while she was pregnant.

The Age's former chief football writer revealed the incident on Radio National on Wednesday morning. Numerous women have come forward to accuse Burke of sexual harassment and inappropriate comments.

Speaking to Fairfax Media, Wilson said she was put on the same table as the Burke's Backyard star for the 1996 Logie Awards.

"He seemed like a nice bloke," she said. "The awards ceremony started and I remember I was wearing a navy blue velvet maternity evening dress.

I turned around to look at the stage and I said to Don – because we'd been talking – 'Please excuse my back' because I was turning my back to him.

"He said, 'Not at all. Do you mind if I lick it?' "

Wilson said her husband was sitting next to her and heard what was said.

"It was gross," she said.

"I wasn't devastated or traumatised by it ... it's nothing compared to what he's allegedly done to some people. I didn't really talk much to him during the [rest of the] night.

"Obviously there were times as a woman in a man's world where things were said to me.

"But the only time I remember someone in the TV industry saying anything [that] gross to me was Don Burke."

Wilson's husband, Channel 7 reporter Brendan Donohoe, said he couldn't remember Burke's exact words but confirmed the incident took place.

mozza91

Coach
Fair play to Ali. He wrapped the quality of the final when big nose Whately tried to mock it and gave the Knights a wrap at the end too.

Christ they are delusional about woman’s AFL though, they think it’s a shining beacon for woman in sport and it’s so far ahead of all other sports when in reality it was a terrible spectacle and the quality was borderline embarrassing. They’ll be shocked when it wanes massively in popularity the 2nd time around.

Latest posts