What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Stallion

First Grade
Rugby League sounds like a bunch of whinging pussies when it comes to the ABC and in particular Offsiders coverage.
We sound like those Hollywood actresses demanding equality. It is a pathetic victim mentality that should be below our code. "Woah is me!! Oh, when is somebody going to so something for me".
Either make it happen by hard work or stop bitching about it. You don't get handouts.

Funnily though the other codes don't have to be concerned as they are receiving the inordinate amount if publicity? Agree that RL needs to maje it happen however the other codes dont have to make it happen and it happens!

T-Boon

Coach
Agree that RL needs to maje it happen however the other codes dont have to make it happen and it happens!

Nah. The AFL are proactive as hell about this stuff. They spend a lot of money and grease a lot of wheel to get every scrap of promotion they can get.
Every time there is a reality TV show of some sort you can bet there is going to be an AFL representative of some sort. Some AFL fan planted in the Big Brother house or an ex player planted to in the celebrity jungle just to get AFL in peoples faces. The cricketers throwing a sherrin around even thought they are all from NSW. Everyone knows who some victorian B grade celebrities AFL team is. The AFL deliberately cultivate all of that.
Rugby League does nothing.

Stallion

First Grade
Nah. The AFL are proactive as hell about this stuff. They spend a lot of money and grease a lot of wheel to get every scrap of promotion they can get.
Every time there is a reality TV show of some sort you can bet there is going to be an AFL representative of some sort. Some AFL fan planted in the Big Brother house or an ex player planted to in the celebrity jungle just to get AFL in peoples faces. The cricketers throwing a sherrin around even thought they are all from NSW. Everyone knows who some victorian B grade celebrities AFL team is. The AFL deliberately cultivate all of that.
Rugby League does nothing.

Fair call! And something the newly mooted 'media dept" of the NRL should be on to! ? Wish I had a gig in there! I'd shake them up out of their stupor , poor direction , arrogance and laziness.

T-Boon

Coach
Fair call! And something the newly mooted 'media dept" of the NRL should be on to! ? Wish I had a gig in there! I'd shake them up out of their stupor , poor direction , arrogance and laziness.

Yeah but then you also have brain dead clubs that want you to account for every dollar you have spent because they don't get the purpose of this stuff. They want to know why that dollar isn't getting spent on their arms race waste - coaching staff etc.

Stallion

First Grade
Yeah but then you also have brain dead clubs that want you to account for every dollar you have spent because they don't get the purpose of this stuff. They want to know why that dollar isn't getting spent on their arms race waste - coaching staff etc.

Understand. That's where focus and direction come into it. I agree the clubs can be neglectful. But these times they must aim up or a downhill path will prevail. HISTORICAL and Generational support is being whiteanted within the media and its up to the publicity/media departments of both the NRL and clubs to aim up.

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade
AFLsiders in full fumblers mode this morning broadcasting in front of a fumblers playground.

Dodgy

Juniors
I just caught the very end of the replay. Did they ask the American what his favourite team was?

_snafu_

Immortal
Kelli Underwood is apparently taking over from Whateley. An inordinate amount of fumbleball coverage to continue.

taipan

Referee
Kelli Underwood is apparently taking over from Whateley. An inordinate amount of fumbleball coverage to continue.

Don't know which is worse,a female or a male fumbler media sycophant.One who talks through her nose, and one whose nose dominates.Masters must cringe, any time these two are in their element.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Yep, I haven't watched the show for years due to the incredibly biased agenda of the show. I couldn't decide which was more favoured though, the brainwashed pro Aussie Rules attitude or anti rugby league treatment?

At least we can thank the decision makers for making our choice easy...not to watch at all. .

Vee

First Grade
Another AflBCW love-in today. 1013 and they're still going on about it.

Edit - 1014 - the winter olympics are on as well.

AJB1102

First Grade
Why do you lot watch this shit year after year?

I'd never heard of it till a year or so ago thanks only to this thread. Watched 15mins of an episode about 3-4 months ago and confirmed it wasn't for me.

Let the AFL wankers watch it by themselves and with any luck it'll get slashed to Victoria only show.

Why do you lot watch this shit year after year?

I'd never heard of it till a year or so ago thanks only to this thread. Watched 15mins of an episode about 3-4 months ago and confirmed it wasn't for me.

Let the AFL wankers watch it by themselves and with any luck it'll get slashed to Victoria only show.
Like you its beyond me why any fan of any sport apart from fumbleball would watch such shit and I'm being polite calling it shit

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I guess I'm just an incurable optimist and ever hopeful of a fair go from the national broadcaster.

That's a pretty reasonable expectation too. I watch the show regularly with similar hopes. I also love it when the are forced to report on a good news story in RL - it makes them cringe, you can almost see them holding back from dry-reaching.

I guess I'm just an incurable optimist and ever hopeful of a fair go from the national broadcaster.
That's a pretty reasonable expectation too. I watch the show regularly with similar hopes. I also love it when the are forced to report on a good news story in RL - it makes them cringe, you can almost see them holding back from dry-reaching.
Well you pair will have a long wait before there is continuous good Rugby League news on the fumbleball love in program. I hope you both have a long life.

Latest posts