What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK that's Enough for Me

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I have tried hard to support McGregor and the team; but the 1st 20 minutes of this game are enough for me. Cannot play the ball; cannot run straight; cannot find touch; cannot tackle; the ridiculous block plays are back. It is really a debacle.

Nene McDonald - seriously?
Josh McCrone - seriously?
Paul McGregor - seriously?

AND WE EXTENDED PAUL McGREGOR'S CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you good folk in 2018 and hopefully a new half back will help things somewhat.

Crush

Coach
I have tried hard to support McGregor and the team; but the 1st 20 minutes of this game are enough for me. Cannot play the ball; cannot run straight; cannot find touch; cannot tackle; the ridiculous block plays are back. It is really a debacle.

See you good folk in 2018 and hopefully a new half back will help things somewhat.
Frustrating isn't it!
OK, see you next year then.

Its far from over guys, the team may well win next week because the pressure is now off.

No logical person could honestly believe we are in the hunt

Walpole

Juniors

I feel sorry for Ben Hunt already. Unless he's an amalgamation of Thurston, Johns, Sterling and Billy Smith 2018 will be more of the same.

1st & 10

Juniors
There is a croney boys element embedded in the club . Jobs for the boys and off springs. Jobs such as statistician given to Doust off spring .

Craig Young has such poor people skills that player managers cannot deal with him . Dean young not much better.

Ben Hornby's nickname was "pissy" always p@ssed off. This guy used to feign hand injuries so he did not have to sign autographs after games

I terminated my red v and will only renew once Doust is gone . The guy is just feathering his own nest, doesn't care about the club his dad helped build

2010Dragons

Bench
The 2017 St George Illawarra Dragons would have to be the dumbest football team I have watched over the pass 45 years. They are embrassingly stupid.
Can't play the ball, can't kick the ball out on the full. Drop the ball.
It is obvious to everybody now that these useless merkins are tanking it because they don't want to play finals football.

Dragon66

Juniors
The rot starts at the top.
I tired to believe that McGregor had the potential to be a quality NRL coach but I was wrong.
We have the roster but unfortunately they have a an ineffective coach to lead them.
In comparison to Bellamy, Bennet, Robinson etc McGregor is a total failure and we are stuck with him for two more years.
Hard to see how 2018 is going to be that much different when we have watched him turn good footballers into ordinary players over the past two years.
No wonder Dugan, Packer etc have jumped ship. Can't say I blame them. I'm jumping as well. But i will continue to follow the team as I have since 1966 but will not contribute my hard earned until McGregor proves me wrong or we finally accept we need a quality external coach to lead the side.
Even JD would be a step up We have a useless Committee that couldn't see that JD was streets ahead of McGregor.
This forum has some very astute supporters and they could see what was coming (even though we hoped it wouldn't) and now it has happened.
So ends my rant for 2017.
I wish the team all the best and hope they will surprise us all with a Grand Final appearance this year but I will not be holding my breath.

Red V for life

Juniors
The 2017 St George Illawarra Dragons would have to be the dumbest football team I have watched over the pass 45 years. They are embrassingly stupid.
Can't play the ball, can't kick the ball out on the full. Drop the ball.
It is obvious to everybody now that these useless merkins are tanking it because they don't want to play finals football.
You forgot to add in going into touch 20m out from your own line on a kick return. I did that once and the absolute ear bashing I got from the coach at halftime meant I never did it again. That was in the U16s I should add!

Apparently Frizz hurt his ribs again. Give the guy a spell to get right and if that means the rest of the season, then so be it. Nothing to be gained by sending him out not fully fit.

At one stage, the top 4 looked like a chance. That's gone. At one stage, we were a lock for the top 8. That's gone.

Will we make the 8? Unlikely given our next 4 are Titans, Broncos, Panthers, Dogs.

So, what can we take out of what's left? The only thing that burns my a$$ more than the Dragons ATM is my pure hatred of the Broncos so a win over them is the only thing that can bring me some joy in what's left in 2017.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'd rather see this Joint Venture be terminated by the NRL with St.George Dragons relocated anywhere with a whole new management set-up. Otherwise it seems inevitable that both joint clubs are just strangling the life out of each other.
It should be a union of both clubs best attributes and Minds, instead it's a combination of the worse dominated by the wrong people in power simply covering their arses.
It's embarrassing & sad to watch the decline of this once mighty club (St.George)
Wrong People, Wrong Grounds & Wrong Direction!!

dragon-83

Juniors
I didn't want McGregor resigned for this exact reason i had a feeling that the teams form was going to go pair shaped.

protos

Juniors
The rot starts at the top.
I tired to believe that McGregor had the potential to be a quality NRL coach but I was wrong.
We have the roster but unfortunately they have a an ineffective coach to lead them.
In comparison to Bellamy, Bennet, Robinson etc McGregor is a total failure and we are stuck with him for two more years.
Hard to see how 2018 is going to be that much different when we have watched him turn good footballers into ordinary players over the past two years.
No wonder Dugan, Packer etc have jumped ship. Can't say I blame them. I'm jumping as well. But i will continue to follow the team as I have since 1966 but will not contribute my hard earned until McGregor proves me wrong or we finally accept we need a quality external coach to lead the side.
Even JD would be a step up We have a useless Committee that couldn't see that JD was streets ahead of McGregor.
This forum has some very astute supporters and they could see what was coming (even though we hoped it wouldn't) and now it has happened.
So ends my rant for 2017.
I wish the team all the best and hope they will surprise us all with a Grand Final appearance this year but I will not be holding my breath.
Is McGregor coaching for free?

getsmarty

Immortal
Nothing will change until people refuse to turn up to games and refuse to renew their memberships. I know that sounds harsh, but if we start attracting crowds of say 5K the nrl may step in and sack our board. They will not listen and will continue to protect their positions.

At the very least it may cause Doust to remove our Coach.