What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oldest Sharks Supporter

Card Shark

Immortal
Just had Thelma from Valentine on the local NBN (Newcastle) news. Turned 108 today.

A Sharks supporter.

They asked would she ever see a Sharks premiership.

Surprisingly, she rolled her eyes & didn't think she ever would.

Have some faith Thelma! ;-)

Vin Fizz

Bench
Cool. 108 ey, I'm hoping I live that long too. Poor Thelm though. If she started again she still might not see us win!

Card Shark

Immortal
If you looked at her, you'd think she was about 85 to 90.

Looked remarkable spritely for her age.

Still won't see a premiership though....

An ex-Sydney resident, she said she has her grave site sorted back in Sydney. I think she should be laid to rest in the gardens of Gal towers.

taipan

Referee
It proves to me one thing,the more you get frustrated,kick the cat,wet your denims ,over an unsuccessful rl team,which promises so much and delivers shiny turds en masse,you live to a grand old age.

I see myself doing the Boston Marathon at 104,with my Shark's beanie on the Hawaiii Triathlon at 105 .And I'm darn sure I can rise to the occasion at 106 should a tall blonde walk past my window.
It's the salt air I tell ye.

BTW CB4 should tell Lyle about this lady,send her some merchandise ,decent publicity for the club and acknowledgement for a dear lady,who has had decades of frustration.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Source: NBN News website. Can someone post a link to the podcast as I am too old to work out how to do it ;-)

THELMA SPENCER CELEBRATES 108TH BIRTHDAY
Posted by: Samuel Djodan June 14, 2015 in Newcastle News 1 Comment

She’s already one of Australia’s oldest living people, and today Valentine’s Thelma Spencer marked another milestone – her 108th birthday.
Mrs Spencer celebrated with family, and shared a few of her secrets to enjoying a long life.

Comment
Helen Gould
June 14, 2015 at 8:44 pm
I wouldn’t mind living that long if I was as healthy as Thelma. You are a real Gem Thelma!

Supporting the Sharks leads to a long life? Who'd 'av thought??

coolumsharkie

Referee
What ???! I envy her the first 50 glorious carefree years of her life!

It proves to me one thing,the more you get frustrated,kick the cat,wet your denims ,over an unsuccessful rl team,which promises so much and delivers shiny turds en masse,you live to a grand old age.

I see myself doing the Boston Marathon at 104,with my Shark's beanie on the Hawaiii Triathlon at 105 .And I'm darn sure I can rise to the occasion at 106 should a tall blonde walk past my window.
It's the salt air I tell ye.

BTW CB4 should tell Lyle about this lady,send her some merchandise ,decent publicity for the club and acknowledgement for a dear lady,who has had decades of frustration.

Haha 2 cracker posts in a row.

The Popper

Bench
Leaves me for dead. I'm way older than Quigs but there are several around with more runs on the board than me...............particularly Thelma.

snoozer

Bench
i've met thelma. she was only 102 at the time. we watched a sharks v cows game and thelma spent most of the game giving it to thurston!
her daughter tina(74) lives on norfolk and is a mad sharks fan(along with her husband- both ex of the shire but have lived here for 30+ years).

Latest posts