What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One choice for the future of the game

greeneyed

First Grade
The very first choice I would make is franchises for Perth and Adelaide so as to make clear that the NRL is the NATIONAL rugby league. And I would put everything necessary into the Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth franchises to make them a success. This is absolutely essential so we maintain our sport as a dominant winter sport in this country.

***MH***

Bench
The NRL should invest $6 billion into the research and development of Robotic Referees....
*no more missed knock-ons
*no more "On-report" system, either 10 in the bin or send off
*no need for the video ref, because it'll be 100% correct in its decisions
*waterproof, for those wet conditions
*beer proof, for those irate fans
*superjet thruster system to keep up with play
*360 degree peripheral vision
*play by play prediction software
*and an ice machine with added can opener for after the match

***MH***

Bench
swing_low said:
so the rugby league equivalent of r2-d2
hmmm... close, more like bender from futurama
bender.gif

yakstorm

First Grade
Lets just say that options are being looked at okay.....I can't comment much more cause of my position, but things are happening that are starting to 'merge' some components over the next 12 months.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Big Bunny, it's not nicpicking at all.

The current set up of Rugby League see the different bodies having their own rules and powers, correct?

The AFL develop and hand on the rules of conduct to all other aussie rules bodies around the country. League doesn't do that at the moment.

I'm not saying that that the State bodies don't look after their own, what they do is work within the overall plan that is provided to them by the AFL.

Who provides the money for development officers at the moment for both League and AFL? There is one difference already.

When you have League administors bringing our game into disrepute over and over again, some having conflicts of interest (media, football manager and coaching).

Others encouraging players to go out on the drink, giving them cash bonus before they go out all under a different code of conduct and rules than they would at a club level you have to be concerned. Even an administrator would have to be concerned, would you agree.

I don't believe it will be easy, what I would like to see is debate started at least. We have the best code in the country yet we are our own worst enemy.

You would have to agree that during the past 18 months when ever something positive starts happening for our game someone in the code does something and the media run with it.....BIG TIME.

I don't want us to say "oh it's going to be to difficult or to hard to do so lets not worry about it". The game is too good for that.

I know and understand peoples hatered for what happen during the 'war'. I know some people wont get over it and to be honest I don't care. I don't care who runs it, but if don't start fighting for our code WHO THE HELL WILL?

Can I put in an order for 21 'Hollywood' rebots