What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One fine mess for Freddy One

One fine mess for Freddy
| February 06, 2009 12:00am

IT SEEMS that nothing divides us more than our league affiliations, as Brad "Freddy" Fittler found out to his cost.
A clearly Roosters-hating bus driver seems to have landed the Sydney coach with a parking fine - and even Freddy admits it's a fair cop.

Looking forlornly for an empty spot at Clovelly Beach carpark last weekend - rarer than hen's teeth on a sunny day - Fittler ended up parking his car half in the bus stop.

Having donated $5 to the buckets of the nippers' appeal collectors who man the carpark gates, Fittler then appealed to them to warn him if the parking police appeared.

"I knew I was in trouble though straight away, as one of them had a Souths hat on," a contrite - and rueful - Fittler admitted yesterday.

According to witnesses, the bus driver appeared to start his route and was tipped off as to the owner of the offending vehicle.

Quickly the parking attendants appeared and slapped Fittler's car with an $80 fine.

To his credit Fittler took it like a man. "I did the wrong thing and I got punished," he said.

OH the irony. Raiders prop Scott Logan was out coaching at Grenfell yesterday in the baking heat as part of the NRL One Community Carnival when a text came through from Canberra sponsor the CFMEU, warning tradies it was officially too hot to work outdoors.

Would that such consideration be applied to league stars on community duty, for whom there was no relief from the blazing sun.

SOLOMON Haumono wants John Hopoate's Australian heavyweight title but he doesn't want his record of eight children.

The ex-leaguies _ both established pugs these days - are good friends.

Haumono and his wife Margaret had their fourth child, daughter Talita, in late January.

"I'm only halfway in catching Hoppa," Haumono said, laughing, before his wife interjected: "I'm retired."

Haumono will fight Oscar Talemaira at Moree on February 21.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...016360,00.html

Latest posts