What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One man teams......

Raider_69

Post Whore
your challange is to single out one player from each team that without them, that team would struggle

Brisbane - Lockyer
Canberra - Schifcofske
Canterbury - Sherwin
Cronulla - Peachey
Manly - Menzies
Melbourne - Orford
Newcastle - Johns
New Zealand - Jones
North Qld - M Bowen
Parramatta - Hindmarsh
Penrith - Campbell
South Sydney - Fletch
St George-Ill. - Timmins
Sydney - Fittler
Wests Tigers - ????????????

brook

First Grade
Raider_69 said:

the most under-rated player in the team - Mark O'Neill

even most wests tigers fans don't realise how much he contributes but without him we're a different team

weasel

First Grade
All of those seem right to me except maybe Penrith and Cronulla. Penrith is a tough call though, this season it could be one of half a dozen players. I'd think Kimmorley for Cronulla, although they did alright without him recently :x. Maybe Robert Mears for the tigers? I haven't watched them too much this year but against Brisbane he was fantastic.

BJ

Juniors
Terry Hill for the tigers..
although he didn't play agaisnth e broncos and the team still won.. the percentage of wins when he is in the team is greater then when he isn't..
just take a look at how after his shift to lock the team started scoring more then 6 points and acctually won some games..

mark o'neil although an underrated player and does all the little things right i don't think has great an impact as when terry hill has his hands on the ball..

Canterbury

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
your challange is to single out one player from each team that without them, that team would struggle

Brisbane - Lockyer
Canberra - Schifcofske
Canterbury - Sherwin
Cronulla - Peachey
Manly - Menzies
Melbourne - Orford
Newcastle - Johns
New Zealand - Jones
North Qld - M Bowen
Parramatta - Hindmarsh
Penrith - Campbell
South Sydney - Fletch
St George-Ill. - Timmins
Sydney - Fittler

We operate just fine without Sherwin.

If you removed Sherwin, Price & Norton.. well then we'd have some problems.

Brisbane - Lockyer, common knowledge.
Canberra - Drew? i'd go as far as saying that canberra wouldn't be so well-placed on the ladder without him.
Canterbury - Stated above.
Cronulla - Bailey
Manly - Hopoate
Melbourne - Orford
Newcastle - Johns
New Zeland - Jones
North QLD - Morrison
Parramatta - Green :lol:
Penrith - Same is in application as it is canterbury. They all do their part as a team and have reasonably good depth. There isn't a singled out goto man.
South Sydney - Fletcher
St George - Firman, it'd be interesting to see how they do without him.
Easts - Fittler
Wests - Hill.

brook

First Grade
I disagree - without marks workload everyone else in the team wouldn't be able to have half the impact

as for mears - a talented player but too selfish ever be a team player and he's hardly played this year because he's been in reserve grade for most of it

Raider_69

Post Whore
Canterbury said:
Raider_69 said:

Brisbane - Lockyer
Canberra - Schifcofske
Canterbury - Sherwin
Cronulla - Peachey
Manly - Menzies
Melbourne - Orford
Newcastle - Johns
New Zealand - Jones
North Qld - M Bowen
Parramatta - Hindmarsh
Penrith - Campbell
South Sydney - Fletch
St George-Ill. - Timmins
Sydney - Fittler

you can win without sherwin but as the thread states you have to single out one player in which without that team might struggle, Sherwin contols your attack and without him all you guys have is Over-rated Anasta (IMO) and a consistant and often not brillient Norton...... Just mu opinion though :)

Canberra Penrith and Canterbury were the hardest for mine, none really rely on a sole player to get them going, like on Saturday night canberra really struggles without schif as he provides a 3rd dimension to our attack, we can win without him but we really do struggle

Raider_69

Post Whore
Canterbury said:
Raider_69 said:

Brisbane - Lockyer
Canberra - Schifcofske
Canterbury - Sherwin
Cronulla - Peachey
Manly - Menzies
Melbourne - Orford
Newcastle - Johns
New Zealand - Jones
North Qld - M Bowen
Parramatta - Hindmarsh
Penrith - Campbell
South Sydney - Fletch
St George-Ill. - Timmins
Sydney - Fittler

If you removed Sherwin, Price & Norton.. well then we'd have some problems.

Brisbane - Lockyer, common knowledge.
Canberra - Drew? i'd go as far as saying that canberra wouldn't be so well-placed on the ladder without him.
Canterbury - Stated above.
Cronulla - Bailey
Manly - Hopoate
Melbourne - Orford
Newcastle - Johns
New Zeland - Jones
North QLD - Morrison
Parramatta - Green :lol:
Penrith - Same is in application as it is canterbury. They all do their part as a team and have reasonably good depth. There isn't a singled out goto man.
South Sydney - Fletcher
St George - Firman, it'd be interesting to see how they do without him.
Easts - Fittler
Wests - Hill.

there are many raiders fans (not drew fans) that would shoot you dead for that comment, i however are of the same opinion, drew has provided direction in attack that has been missed the last few years, without him we would be boarding on the 8

the wariors aren't just a 1 man teamwe have 2 main play makers in marsh and jones then with both out we struggle. Last year we had jones out for four weeks and we won all four of those games.

Raider_69

Post Whore
southern warrior said:
the wariors aren't just a 1 man teamwe have 2 main play makers in marsh and jones then with both out we struggle. Last year we had jones out for four weeks and we won all four of those games.

no no you miss the point

this is the player in which a team would struggle most without them

I.E Warriors struggle more without Jones than Toopi, the heading was to catch people attention

Kasper

Bench
Raider_69 said:

Brisbane - Lockyer
Canberra - Schifcofske
Canterbury - Sherwin
Cronulla - Peachey
Manly - Menzies
Melbourne - Orford
Newcastle - Johns
New Zealand - Jones
North Qld - M Bowen
Parramatta - Hindmarsh
Penrith - Campbell
South Sydney - Fletch
St George-Ill. - Timmins
Sydney - Fittler

I agree with all of them except sharks, panthers and Cowboys. Sharks are nothing without Kimmorley and Gower runs the show at the Panthers. Bowen might be our main attacking weapon but we still have point scorers and line breakers without him. Though when Morrison doesn't play our side is definatley different. He is a workhorse and breaks the line and is also very experienced.

cheese

Bench
Sharks are nothing without Kimmorley
We beat you lot without kimmorley ......and we beat the dragons on saturday without him too, and that was game where they(goons) had everything to play for!

I think we're starting to cope alot better without him than we would have at the start of the season! The longer he is out inured, the better they will learn to play in his absence

JoeD

First Grade
I agree with most in the original post however I would definitely have Gower there for Penrith and Morrison for the Cowboys.

Latest posts