One Nation nuttiness: the return

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by Mr Spock!, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Cletus

Cletus First Grade

That's always been her problem, she surrounds herself with dodgy merkins. Birds of a feather and all that. I imagine donations by developers are illegal and that's why they wanted to hide it. By the sounds of it they've been less than truthful with the AEC, I just hope they made some statements under oath so they can go down for that.

2. OVP

OVP Coach

Skank !!

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...s/news-story/9bf652fbaa6a22a46f4943c03987abbf

Hanson under fire over disabled kids comments
    June 22, 20177:08am

Pauline Hanson says autistic kids should be removed from mainstream classrooms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PAULINE Hanson is under fire for suggesting autistic children be removed from mainstream classrooms to stop other kids being held back.

The One Nation leader made the comments during debate on the federal government’s proposed schools overhaul in the Senate on Wednesday, insisting that parents and teachers had raised the matter with her.

Teachers were devoting much of their time to disabled children, to the detriment of other students in the classroom, she said.

[​IMG]
    One Nation leader Pauline Hanson is under fire for her comments on children with disabilities. Picture: AAP Image/Mick TsikasSource:AAP

Disabled and autistic children should be taught in special classrooms where they can be looked after and given special attention, she said.

“If it was one of my children I would love all the time given to them to give them those opportunities — but is it at the loss of our other kids?” Senator Hanson said.

“It’s no good saying ‘We’ve got to allow these kids to feel good about themselves and we don’t want to upset them and make them feel hurt’, and I understand that.

“But we have to be realistic at times and consider the impact that is having on other children in that classroom.

“We can’t afford to hold our kids back: we have the rest of the world and other kids in other countries who are going ahead [in] leaps and bounds ahead of us.”

[​IMG]
    Labor leader Bill Shorten has slammed Pauline Hanson’s comments. Picture: AAP Image/Lukas CochSource:AAP

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten condemned the comments.

“Heartbreaking and upsetting for parents of children with autism to hear @PaulineHansonOz say their kids don’t deserve the same opportunity,” he tweeted.

He read to Parliament an email he received from a parent in response to Senator Hanson’s comments.

“What the senator is saying is that our clever, funny, naughty, spunky kid doesn’t deserve a good education,” the letter said.

“That she doesn’t deserve the same opportunities as other kids. That she is lesser. Not worthy. Not really one of us.”

Crossbench senator Jacqui Lambie said she wanted disabled children in mainstream classrooms because it was great for all students, including those without disabilities.

“They learn compassion. They learn how to deal with these matters. It gives them coping mechanisms for the rest of their lives. Everybody wins out with this,” she told Parliament.

Autism Awareness Australia has slammed Senator Hanson’s comments as “appalling, archaic and cruel”.

“@PaulineHansonOz is a disgrace. Dangerous, hurtful and archaic thinking,” Chief executive Nicole Rogerson tweeted.

“This is one of the most disgusting things a member of Parliament could say.”

3. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Cheer up.

Kids with disabilities will still have a future; just retreading our tyres as opposed to doing something meaningful to their lives.

4. The Charlatan

The Charlatan First Grade

Wow, that dickhead really doesn't know how to fit that filter on her gob...

Pantherjim. likes this.
  5. DiegoNT

DiegoNT First Grade

Pauline Bravely taking the fight from Brown people to Disabled Kids.

6. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

well they don't really have the same excellent Australian values as good white conservatives do... why stop at expelling them from our schools... they should be deported too....

7. millersnose

millersnose Post Whore

I dont know if it actually is a real issue or not

certainly hanson is not articulate enough to raise it being borderline retarded herself

but on the actual subject i would not dismiss it out of hand

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...m/news-story/4b2643abee383f51a7261a7ffdc5379b

Teachers are expected to assimilate high-functioning and often highly intelligent ASD children with the rest of the class and meet the specific needs each ASD child requires to facilitate their learning and development requirements.

Victorian primary school teacher Justine Neale* is currently teaching a foundation class of 30 students — three of those kids are on the spectrum. Neale is a dedicated, experienced senior teacher and for many years has facilitated the needs of ASD students in her classroom but says the pressure she feels this year is particularly acute.

“As a teacher I’m close to being burnt out and losing the love that I have for teaching,” she says. “By the end of the school day I’m always exhausted.

“In order to teach in a calm and productive manner, I need to be super organised because I can’t leave anything to chance. I spend a lot of my time doing extra planning for the children on the spectrum … at least two hours a week just focusing on their programs.

8. hrundi99

hrundi99 First Grade

2 hours a week isn't much. She'd have to do the same if there were other kids with different challenges.

You'd think most would find the challenge rewarding.

9. millersnose

millersnose Post Whore

I had some exposure to an autistic child and it was very very difficult for the parents
    The behavioural problems alone put any trouble I had with my children in a lot of perspective
    It was tough for them and I would suggest it would be for the teacher also

10. Nealo 12

Nealo 12 Juniors

I think her speech is in the Hansard and might be a bit different to what's reported here .

11. King hit

King hit Juniors

We might not win State of Origin but at least we are not the home of that nutcase

12. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

You might not like her and yes she does say some stupid shit but she is correct on this.

Its why we used to have special schools, it does impact on normal children and holds back their learning.

I guess this is just another thing that can't be discussed in airy fairy bleeding heart land.

13. 2_Smoking_Guns

14. 2_Smoking_Guns

and actually history has shown that "special schools" are not something to be proud of...

15. Surely

16. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Coach

If a kid is disruptive in class, whatever the cause, it's going to have a negative effect upon the learning of the other kids in class.

Should it then follow that any and all kids with behavioural issues be segregated from the mainstream?

17. Surely

What is wrong with a school designed to cater to special needs where they get the attention they need and they have facilities for those who breakdown and have to be removed from the class ?

Have you had a child in a class with special needs students or are you just going to google for some obscure studies ?

18. Surely

They used to be

Maybe we have found the reason for our free falling acedemic ranking.

19. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Coach

Do those against whose ranks we are falling have a policy of segregation or integration?

20. 2_Smoking_Guns

It fosters an acceptance of segregation for those that are considered different.... children who grow up never having mingled with special needs children are likely to become adults who are uncomfortable around other adults with disabilities... they may even have special needs children of their own with no concept of how to deal with them.... and then there is the special needs children who are sure to benefit by being considered a part of "normal" society.... this is of course only my personal opinion and I don't have any experience in dealing with special needs children...