Open those borders!

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by Smack, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Smack

Smack First Grade

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...t/news-story/8c369da4531fcaddb86c324d321f3d79

HUNDREDS of youths have allegedly bashed and robbed tourists amid a series of wild brawls on Melbourne’s St Kilda’s foreshore this morning.

Police struggled to contain the situation as young people of African appearance fought each other and assaulted bystanders early Thursday morning.

Shocking video has emerged showing young men and woman kicking, punching and slapping each other as dozens of onlookers shout abuse.

Police were called to The Esplanade about 2.55am after 60 youths trashed a McDonald’s restaurant, throwing chairs and smashing a window.

It followed a series of assaults and robberies along the Esplanade earlier in the evening which police described as “unacceptable”.

Inspector Jason Kelly said police were investigating.

“Unfortunately last night we had a large number of youth attend, of African appearance, who have engaged in anti-social behaviour.

“They’ve committed crimes, they’ve been involved in a number of assaults on the foreshore of St Kilda.

“Their behaviour was just totally unacceptable and I’d call on them to come forward and hand themselves in before we track them down.”

Anyone with any information or footage is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report at crimestoppersvic.com.au.

Collateral likes this.
  2. Maximus

Maximus Juniors

I thought someone as persecuted as you would support minorities?

3. JamesRustle

JamesRustle Juniors

Is "African appearance" a helpful description... What are they actually saying?

Victoria's emasculated police force is unable to do anything to stop a group consisting of any appearance from anti social activity.

4. Mong

Mong Post Whore

Smack is projecting his inner Andy B...

5. veggiepatch1959

veggiepatch1959 First Grade

I witness this type of shit almost every day in Dandenong but on a much smaller scale. Hanging around the station drug f**ked and/or drunk, bludging money and cigarettes, they have a proclivity to engage in violence amongst themselves or with innocent members of the public.

When challenged, there is a tendency for others of their bunch to come out of nowhere, cheap shot the victim and keep on running in different directions.

Deport the merkins - every single one of them.

Meanwhile, give this Melton shopkeeper an OAM.

[​IMG]

6. butchmcdick

butchmcdick Guest

What lovely dog whistle this is

7. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

I agree with butch

Imagine inviting a group of Africans to brawl each other just so you can get a dog whistle

Anyway who would have seen this coming

Collateral and Smack like this.
  8. PJ

PJ Bench

Had very similar thing happen 2 weks ago in scarborougg in Perths northern beaches. Restaurant owner said no trouble for years then they added a new bus route and happened twice in 10 days.

If a whitey had been shouting the sort of racial abuse at diners I reckon it would have been onthe news.

Give the parents a warning to reign the shits in then p!ss them off. Definatley sounded like they didnt want to be here.

9. Mong

Mong Post Whore

Hahaha

What a cockwomble...

10. Snoop

Snoop Coach

This kind of behaviour is obviously no acceptable but surely there is something more we can do for refugees who have been force to flee horrific circumstances. Just plonking them in a new country that is not in a stave of civil war doesn't mean everything will be better.

The one African refugee I've come to know is a great guy. He's had a lot of supportive people around him and he's doing really well for himself but at the same time he has a lot of things he has to process about being a refugee. He is lucky enough to be a gifted poet/speaker and uses this medium to express himself.

These are mostly broken people to whom we should be seeking ways to assist them more in order for them to not act out like they do at times. Of course, there are always going to be bad apples but they only gain followers when there is no better alternative.

My 2 cents anyway.

Parra, Collateral and SpaceMonkey like this.
  11. mave

mave Bench

Assist them more ?
    Are these people not entitled to the same services, resources, etc as everyone else ?

What extra stuff should they be getting so we can assist them more ?

Collateral likes this.
  12. Canard

Canard Coach

There is clearly an issue here, but I wonder why in Australia's second biggest city the Police response was so weak??

veggiepatch1959 likes this.
  13. Canard

Canard Coach

I assume this shop owner doesn't speak English

14. sportive cupid

sportive cupid Referee

Whats the point of this thread?

15. veggiepatch1959

This happened early in the year but with so much of this thing going on, it's mainly Chinese or Indian owned stores that are the victims.

16. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

Probably scared of the backlash on twitter if they kick a few in the arse.

17. veggiepatch1959

Obviously to highlight the growing problem with African youth causing havoc in Australia's major cities'

Or would you rather sweep it under the carpet and pretend it doesn't happen?

Jimbo and Smack like this.
  18. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

If that was the point, why the title I wonder?

I'd say the point was to make a link between these gangs of youth and immigration policy, via the tried and trusted method known as dog whistle politics.

19. mave

mave Bench

Well Bandy, it isn't hard to make that link, is it ?

Collateral and Smack like this.
  20. Canard

Canard Coach

Alien, with his American style right wing politics should be the first person deported

Pantherjim. likes this.