What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opposed Training Session

Vic Mackey

Referee
Some interesting notes out of the opposed training session on Friday. From the video it seemed very much like a probables v possibles matchup. From what i could tell the teams were:

Team 1:

1. Teddy
2. Nofo
3. Kev
4. MCK
5. Rankin
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Ava
11. Lawrence
12. Sue (like a lot)
13. ET

Team 2 was much harder to make out. I think a lot of part time/NYC kids came in for it:

1. Heleta
2. i think Connolley Lemelu (keebra park fullback who was MOTM in QLD schools GF)
3. Marsters
4. Suli
5. Christian Yassmin (signed from Sydney Uni Rugby)
6. Marshall-King
7. JLJ
8. J.Grant
9. McIllwrick
10. Lolo
11. Lovett
12. Edwards
13. Griffin

14. Pio Sokobalava
15. Eisenhuth
16. Tatola

No where to be seen: Ballin, Aloiai (broken jaw), Felisse, T Grant, Hunt, Idris, Jacobs, Paseka, Simona, Sironen. To be fair the video only goes for a bit over 2 mins so may have missed some of these guy.

Hard to know what to make from these sessions as they wouldnt be at full intensity and Team 1 is playing against a much lower quality opponent.

Few small things I took from it:

* If Sue stays on the right edge I think that makes our pack much better balanced

* Ava looks fit, if Sue moves to 12 hopefully he starts

* Kev still at right center, Fox reported this morning Idris is set to start at right center in round 1

BrotherJim05

Bench
Are you sure Sue was playing as back row? I saw a video on this as well and got excited because he had a 12 on his back but I don't think the numbers were indicating position as Kev had a 9 jersey.

Either way, I would love to see Sue play right edge. I can see him playing 80 minutes and really tightening up that side of the field defensively.

Imagine how much more confident Moses will be standing inside Idris and Sue

Vic Mackey

Referee
Are you sure Sue was playing as back row? I saw a video on this as well and got excited because he had a 12 on his back but I don't think the numbers were indicating position as Kev had a 9 jersey.

Either way, I would love to see Sue play right edge. I can see him playing 80 minutes and really tightening up that side of the field defensively.

Imagine how much more confident Moses will be standing inside Idris and Sue

Agree the numbers are irrelevant however you can see from the kick off he is lined up next to Moses.

He may have just been filling in for Aloiai however if that was the case I'd imagine they would have put another backrower there like Lovett, Edwards, siro etc.

Latest posts