What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Optus snatches English Premier League rights from Fox Sports in Australia

Misanthrope

Staff member
FoxSports have just signed agreements to show the 24/7 channels of Man United, Chelsea, and Liverpool as well as all games from Arsenal, Man City, and Tottenham.

Even a Hammers fan such as myself will get 12 games a year.

Not that it will affect me, as I don't live in Oz.

Still, a nice little 'f**k you' to Optus.

SOURCE

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd rather the games on delay. I always IQ them anyway and watch them at a reasonable hour.

nöyd

Staff member
FoxSports have just signed agreements to show the 24/7 channels of Man United, Chelsea, and Liverpool as well as all games from Arsenal, Man City, and Tottenham.

Even a Hammers fan such as myself will get 12 games a year.

Not that it will affect me, as I don't live in Oz.

Still, a nice little 'f**k you' to Optus.

SOURCE

nice

don't mind the delay, getting too old to stay up late to watch live games.

ggmu

Juniors
I'd rather the games on delay. I always IQ them anyway and watch them at a reasonable hour.

Yeah same here. I got over getting up at 2am a long time ago. Expecially with the wife complaining about it constantly lol. I'm more pumped about seeing the u21s and u18s games anyway.

Mong

Post Whore
Optus giving subscriptions for free for the next season for existing and new customers (on the right plan)

ggmu

Juniors
Optus giving subscriptions for free for the next season for existing and new customers (on the right plan)

Yeah i got that text message from them this arvo. Will have to remember to subscribe i guess.

ggmu

Juniors
Anybody checked out the new club channels. I threw on mutv tried to record a show about Dennis Law and noy my foxtel box is just resetting its self over and over again lol. Foxtel will be getting a angry phone call in the morning lol

Mong

Post Whore
The Optus app is up and running, it's a nice claret and blue colour too :)

ggmu

Juniors
I was gonna get an ipad to watch on but i looking into if the was a way to connect my samsung phone to the tv and apparently there is a cable that will do it. So I'm gonna look into that.

Mong

Post Whore
I'm streaming through Apple TV to my tv currently

Moving house today and ended up with Optus broadband at the new place which I think the plan we got comes with the fetch box

Either way it works through phone/Apple TV onto a tv

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was gonna get an ipad to watch on but i looking into if the was a way to connect my samsung phone to the tv and apparently there is a cable that will do it. So I'm gonna look into that.

Have you looked into Chromecast, its brilliant

Haffa

Thoughts so far?

I've been happy with the coverage myself. Love the app on my phone, the resume/start from scratch feature is good too. Much better than the foxtel online coverage.

I had a fetch box previously so I've had no issues there either.