What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 1 after Manchester

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Anybody who is making the trek into Lang Park for Game 1, get ready for a clusterf**k. The place is gonna be a police fortress. 52,500 people in one place for an event, this soon after a similar incident in England, the target is just too ripe to ignore. Traffic in Brisbane is gonna be chaos, but I guess in these trying times it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thinking about it now, imagining the scenes at Suncorp post a terrorist attack makes me nauseous.

OldPanther

Coach
It's a fair point with it being at the forefront of a lot of people's minds these days. You already said they are doing what they can though.

ed-grimley

Bench
Anybody who is making the trek into Lang Park for Game 1, get ready for a clusterf**k. The place is gonna be a police fortress. 52,500 people in one place for an event, this soon after a similar incident in England, the target is just too ripe to ignore. Traffic in Brisbane is gonna be chaos, but I guess in these trying times it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thinking about it now, imagining the scenes at Suncorp post a terrorist attack makes me nauseous.
There's so many possible answers to this post.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

IMG_0037.JPG

T-Boon

Coach
It's a fair point with it being at the forefront of a lot of people's minds these days. You already said they are doing what they can though.

Just to be safe security should not let anyone in who looks like Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk or Jonathan Thurston. Including CS, CC and JT.

Smack

Coach
If you go to the game, exercise a degree of caution, but know our Intelligence community is always on the ball and do a good job of protecting us.

GongPanther

Referee

Point taken,but I think that radicalization is a global problem.

Take Bali as a prime example.Who would think that a place away from it all would end up being a catastrophic nightmare for the Australians and other nationalities that were killed and maimed.

But I think the only Muslims that do and will get caught up in any incidents will have a mental imbalance such as that imbecile who held up the Lindt Cafe in Martin Place in Sydney.

Most Muslims are peace loving (well,the ones I've met),and the conclusion I draw is that there is no way someone can carry out a home based attack without being 100% being caught.

There is simply no way someone can pull an attack off without being caught due to the resources at hand.