ORIGIN BLUES ...NOW UNLIKELY

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by dungay dragon, May 16, 2018.

1. dungay dragon

dungay dragon Juniors

From a purely greedy Club view point , the decimation of our inform and competition leading side to Origin now appears less likely compared to a fortnight ago..
    At one stage there was a possibility of losing almost the entire forward pack including Graham (pommies) and Widdop (pommies) but due to injury , slight drop off in form and other rival players really stepping up , things dont appear that bad..
    Bunnies rake Cook appears the popular ahead of McInnes ,with Peachey looking likely to grab a utility role.
    Aitken is in a tight tussle with Mitchell and Roberts for a centre spot , while Frizz is possibly now the only certainty from our forward pack..
    Some of our boys are obviously playing busted including JDB and Graham..Time for Mary to grow a set , and give them at least a week or two recovery as they are vital to our Premiership aspirations...

2. 2010Dragons

2010Dragons Bench

Mary doesn't need to grow a set
    Next time the teams at Kogarah, Mary could just walk on to the field, just near the southern try line near the post he will find Cameron Smiths lost set of balls somewhere on the ground. Could be a little damaged.

dannyt, BBTB and Batman251 like this.
  3. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Oh goodie, an origin thread.. I've been waiting for one of those

Crush and BennyV like this.
  4. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

You don't play yourself into Origin for 9 weeks only to lose your spot after one.

JDB is a 100% certainty if healthy, as is Friz. Aitken is 50/50 as he always has been imo. McInnes is very much the frontrunner. Players aren't picked for how they perform against other candidates, they are picked on how they suit Origin, and I believe McInnes' style of defence will get him the nod, not to mention his running game is decent now. Vaughan and Sims have never been a guarantee imo but still a very good chance

And of course Hunt is the QLD 7 too.

Pro Dragons and blacksafake like this.
  5. St Georgio

St Georgio Juniors

Ben Hunt should not be Chosen for WWF wrestling, DCE Should be the number 7 for Queenslanderrrs!
    I Don't give a fukc about oranges, winning comps is the pinnacle of it all!
    Cameron Smith is a humble Fukcwitt!!!!!

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. OzDragon

OzDragon Bench

IMO:
    Friz & JDB all but confirmed.
    Cook to get the nod over McInnes.
    Hunt to Maroons.
    Vaughn, Sims and Aitken to miss out (but not by much).

Saint_JimmyG and blacksafake like this.
  7. Crush

Crush Bench

Dragons to put 50 on Raiders then a new thread to be started:
    DRAGONS SET TO LOSE 9 PLAYERS TO ORIGIN

8. Datramp

Datramp Juniors

Qld could go DCE at 7 and hunt at 9. That is the worst case scenario

9. 2010

2010 Juniors

I am gready I don’t want any of our players selected.

10. dungay dragon

dungay dragon Juniors

As for Origin certainties word around today is that Moses has his nose in front for the 7 ahead of Maloney , providing Cleary doesnt come up in time.. M

11. Saintsified

Saintsified Bench

I'm even more greedy and I would pit the entire mighty Dragons team as NSW v QLD.

12. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

You would definitely have Nightingale there if he was a New South Welshman, wouldn't you. lol He would be your first player picked and could play for as long as he wanted to. lol

13. Sheridan Stand

Sheridan Stand Juniors

looking at this all wrong

Getting our fellas into SOO is massive for their experience in big game environments and sets us up for GF experience

Great players handle rep footy

Stop being so naive

le have

14. Saintsified

Saintsified Bench

I allow you to bag him all day long as well don't i ?

Flo isn't a problem for us, only for fans looking for a scape goat because if it's too good to be true then we need a new target... Doust gone, Mary turned the corner ... But wait now we got Flo!

Crush likes this.
  15. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

So who do you blame for Nightingale having only scored 1 try in 10 games of footy this year, while playing in the team leading the comp and who have scored the most points this year?

Many fans on this forum have been saying that Nightingale went one season too many at the beginning of the season and he hasn't done anything to prove us wrong. Winning is masking our deficiencies. I doubt that NZ will be picking him for their test team 5 weeks time.

16. nrlnrl

nrlnrl First Grade

They mentioned that on NRL 360 tonight.

As for centres, Mitchell is a left centre & Aitken on the right. So they could both be chosen, but I think they are looking at other options for right centre. (even though Aitken scored a good try against him at Kogarah & held his own last Sunday). More than likely the right winger will be Ferguson. The contenders for right centre would appear to be (in no specific order) - Aitken, Roberts, Trbojevic & Peachey.

17. getsmarty

getsmarty Coach

Dragons 2018: Graham backs Blues hopefuls
    Local Sport
    [​IMG]
    James Graham has backed his teammates NSW aspirations. Picture: AAP

DRAGONS prop James Graham says he has no problem with his teammates publicly stating their Origin intentions as the selection battle prepares to go into overdrive.

The Dragons have as many as six stars in contention, including the entire starting forward pack other than the English hardman himself.

The likes of Jack de Belin and Tariq Sims have been vocal in their pitch for the Blues and its with the full backing of Graham.

“I don't have a problem at all if individuals want to play it down or if they want to say 'hey I'm ready’,” Graham said.

“I don't think they'd be the first people to say that.

"I have been delighted for my teammates to be spoken about in such high regard and it is all deserved as well.

"I have been so impressed about how everyone has gone about their business, it is a credit to them. I am fully behind each and every one of their campaigns to get selected.

"I think if they keep doing the team-first actions that will go a long way these next two weeks."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5405699/graham-backs-blues-hopefuls/?cs=302

18. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

Perfect analysis, nothing more needs to be said.

19. BennyV

BennyV Coach

Which props get picked over Vaughan?
    I dont believe it for a second. If they are remotely considering Moses then NSW are in for another long season. I'd rather resort to an injured Pearce.

The Damo likes this.
  20. Saintsified

Saintsified Bench

When he scored tries he was shit according to many, now when he doesn't he is shit.... Please if he wasn't good enough he wouldn't be there, simple as that coach.

He has had other lean try scoring years, was he too old then? Poor bugger must've been slow and aging already a decade in your opinion. By the way in 2009 we also lead the comp how do you explain that? I'm pretty sure in 18 matches this year he will overtake his 2009 record of 3 tries, shit he must've been slow in 2009. Its clear as day you have no idea what Flo really brings to that team.

Nightingale played in 18 matches and scored 3 tries for the Dragons in the 2009 NRL season.

Nightingale played in all of the Dragons 24 matches and scored 7 tries in the 2012 NRL season.

Nightingale finished the 2015 NRL season playing in 17 matches and scoring 5 tries for the Dragons

Last edited: May 17, 2018