What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORIGIN BLUES ...NOW UNLIKELY

Lovemedragons

Juniors
They mentioned that on NRL 360 tonight.

As for centres, Mitchell is a left centre & Aitken on the right. So they could both be chosen, but I think they are looking at other options for right centre. (even though Aitken scored a good try against him at Kogarah & held his own last Sunday). More than likely the right winger will be Ferguson. The contenders for right centre would appear to be (in no specific order) - Aitken, Roberts, Trbojevic & Peachey.
Yeah cos Moses has been leading his team of world beaters around the park so well so far this year. I will lose all faith in Freddy Fittler if he goes with Moses, he ain't earned it, I hope Cleary comes up.

blacksafake

First Grade
Which props get picked over Vaughan?

I dont believe it for a second. If they are remotely considering Moses then NSW are in for another long season. I'd rather resort to an injured Pearce.
I think they'll go Klemmer,Woods(not for me) & Campbell Gillard.Vaughan should be there,imo he's the best lateral defensive prop in the game with a big motor,footwork & a try scorer.

Dragsters

First Grade
I think they'll go Klemmer,Woods(not for me) & Campbell Gillard.Vaughan should be there,imo he's the best lateral defensive prop in the game with a big motor,footwork & a try scorer.

I reckon klemmer will be one of the very few incumbents to survive...

BennyV

Referee
Going in with a 3 prop rotation is almost as derp-worthy as picking Woods.

Walpole

Juniors
I've got a feeling this might be right unfortunately. RCG should definitely be there and I'd stick with Klemmer. If they pick Woods (I hope Freddie is smarter than that, but we'll see) it will probably mean JDB and Vaughan are fighting out one "middle" spot, given Jake Trbojevic will most likely be lock.

Gareth67

First Grade
Would be most disappointed should Freddy pick Woods - most undeserving of a spot in the team . It would also reinforce my idea that he - Fittler will be another Daly , only time will tell that .

But he NOW has the opportunity of making a statement by selecting only those players whom are in- form and also those that do have SOO experience - a mixture of both youth and some wiser heads to steady the ship .

In my view Woods would only be taking the spot of another player such as our own hard working Paul Vaughan , this chap has earned the right to be selected , not some bloke who can hardly get out of first gear .

possm

Coach
From a purely greedy Club view point , the decimation of our inform and competition leading side to Origin now appears less likely compared to a fortnight ago..
At one stage there was a possibility of losing almost the entire forward pack including Graham (pommies) and Widdop (pommies) but due to injury , slight drop off in form and other rival players really stepping up , things dont appear that bad..
Bunnies rake Cook appears the popular ahead of McInnes ,with Peachey looking likely to grab a utility role.
Aitken is in a tight tussle with Mitchell and Roberts for a centre spot , while Frizz is possibly now the only certainty from our forward pack..
Some of our boys are obviously playing busted including JDB and Graham..Time for Mary to grow a set , and give them at least a week or two recovery as they are vital to our Premiership aspirations...

We seen this all before. You just can't expect to play week in week out on the backs of our forward pack. Sooner or later the forwards will lose form through fatigue or injury. Mary has seen this for the past two years and still has not learned his lesson. I hope the fitness staff have some magic plan to revive the boys or it will be gonsky again this season.

getsmarty

Immortal
One-in all-in for Blues: Frizell
Dragons Den News
r0_0_3914_2470_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

NO GO: Dragons forward Tyson Frizell believes it wouldn't be fair to NSW fans if Sharks prop Andrew Fifita were to represent the Blues and Tonga simultaneously. Picture: AAP

DRAGONS forward Tyson Frizell believes it would be unfair to other Blues hopefuls if Andrew Fifita were able to play the first and third game of the upcoming State of Origin series having pledged his long-term allegiance to Tonga.

After knocking back a place in Mal Meninga's Australian squad, Fifita was a key man in Tonga's charge to last year's World Cup semi-final where the island nation went within a whisker of a fairy tale final appearance.

It was enough for Fifita, and Cowboys star Jason Taumalolo, to swear their loyalty to coach Kristian Woolf with an eye to the next World Cup.

Fifita, who played for NSW last season, is committed to playing against Samoa in the Pacific Test on June 23 – the same weekend as the standalone Origin II fixture.

It was thought to have ruled the Sharks prop out of contention for Blues selection but, as Fairfax Media revealed this week, Tonga's status as a tier two nation leaves him eligible for NSW for games one and three.

Fifita has said he's open to the prospect but NSW certainty Frizell – who is also eligible for Tonga and Wales – was lukewarm on the idea when asked about it on Thursday.

“If you're going to be eligible for NSW you probably should be there for the full three games,” Frizell said.

“If not, he's done the right thing playing for NSW, but I wouldn't be choosing to stay out of one game and play the other two.

“It wouldn't be distracting for me but, personally, it's probably not something I would do. I wouldn't think it was fair for everyone else and also the NSW supporters.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5406989/one-in-all-in-for-blues-frizell/?cs=3713

ouryears

Bench
You don't play yourself into Origin for 9 weeks only to lose your spot after one.

JDB is a 100% certainty if healthy, as is Friz. Aitken is 50/50 as he always has been imo. McInnes is very much the frontrunner. Players aren't picked for how they perform against other candidates, they are picked on how they suit Origin, and I believe McInnes' style of defence will get him the nod, not to mention his running game is decent now. Vaughan and Sims have never been a guarantee imo but still a very good chance

And of course Hunt is the QLD 7 too.
Geeze mate I would have to choose cooky as NSW no 9.

ouryears

Bench
Would be most disappointed should Freddy pick Woods - most undeserving of a spot in the team . It would also reinforce my idea that he - Fittler will be another Daly , only time will tell that .

But he NOW has the opportunity of making a statement by selecting only those players whom are in- form and also those that do have SOO experience - a mixture of both youth and some wiser heads to steady the ship .

In my view Woods would only be taking the spot of another player such as our own hard working Paul Vaughan , this chap has earned the right to be selected , not some bloke who can hardly get out of first gear .
I think Freddy will pick some very left field selections which should get NSW going again.

Not guys like Woods and others.

blacksafake

First Grade
Going in with a 3 prop rotation is almost as derp-worthy as picking Woods.
Agree,
It's not what i would do but i reckon it could be their way of thinking.If as has been suggested there is a clean out coming they'll want some experience which most likely puts Woods in the picture considering he's a current test player.

Old Timer

Coach
Agree,
It's not what i would do but i reckon it could be their way of thinking.If as has been suggested there is a clean out coming they'll want some experience which most likely puts Woods in the picture considering he's a current test player.
Correct assessment of the situation.
I will every surprised if Woods is not picked (not saying he should) as they won't clean out everything in 1 hit and leave a team of fledglings.
There will be a lot of new players but they will need some old heads as well.
I expect to see Dugan or Ferguson somewhere in the 2 - 5 positions.
Maloyney to get 1 of the halves spot.
Jackson & Graham to miss out with Cordner, Klemmer and potentially Woods making up the "experienced" players in the pigs.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
IMO:
Friz & JDB all but confirmed.
Cook to get the nod over McInnes.
Hunt to Maroons.
Vaughn, Sims and Aitken to miss out (but not by much).

My belief is that this will be very close to the mark with the exception being Sims, who will nab a bench spot.

Aitken, Vaughan and McInnes won't be picked!

mickeylane

Bench
Yeah cos Moses has been leading his team of world beaters around the park so well so far this year. I will lose all faith in Freddy Fittler if he goes with Moses, he ain't earned it, I hope Cleary comes up.
Moses is a comedy act!! Seriously Fittler will be the laughing stock of the sport if he picks Moses - but I think Keary and Cleary are playing too well to be ignored.
Tedesco
Cotric
Mitchell
Aitken
Ado Carr

Keary
Cleary
Will most likely b the NSW backline..

mickeylane

Bench
My belief is that this will be very close to the mark with the exception being Sims, who will nab a bench spot.

Aitken, Vaughan and McInnes won't be picked!
Aitken is a certainty
McInnes over Cook due to his durability
JDB
Vaughan
Simms will be on the bench along with .......Cook or Peachy

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Moses is a comedy act!! Seriously Fittler will be the laughing stock of the sport if he picks Moses - but I think Keary and Cleary are playing too well to be ignored.
Tedesco
Cotric
Mitchell
Aitken
Ado Carr

Keary
Cleary
Will most likely b the NSW backline..
Roberts might have something to offer based on tonight's game.

ouryears

Bench
Aitken is a certainty
McInnes over Cook due to his durability
JDB
Vaughan
Simms will be on the bench along with .......Cook or Peachy
Can't agree Mickey.
No Aitken.
Cook will surely be number 9
JDB....depends on form next 2 games. I think not.
Sims.... As per JDB above
Vaughan should make it
Fritz will be there
Two plus Hunt

Prometheus

Juniors
From a purely greedy Club view point , the decimation of our inform and competition leading side to Origin now appears less likely compared to a fortnight ago..
At one stage there was a possibility of losing almost the entire forward pack including Graham (pommies) and Widdop (pommies) but due to injury , slight drop off in form and other rival players really stepping up , things dont appear that bad..

Stop worrying about the Origin period. We have the bye before Origin 1. Origin 2 and the UK v Kiwis test are on a stand-alone rep weekend, with no club games being played. Only Origin 3 should see us with players missing games for the Dragons.

Latest posts