What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Team

azzah72

Bench
Good side mostly.
Vaughan I think deserves a spot on form but so does Jake. Was really only room for 1 in loz's eyes as he was always going to pick his favs/incumbents.

For once I'm ok with Pearce, he's on form.

I think this side can beat qld, their side selection was a bit odd but it worked out ok for us not losing our fullback.

Val will be out to prove them wrong me thinks.

Vaughan is the form prop in the NRL.

I know who QLD who would be more fearful of out of Woods and Vaughan in the team.

Think we'll still win by default because the QLD team is not that scary as in the past.

fizman

Bench
Val would have been a certainty last season if he hadn't gone out on the turps. I am sure that Gaigai scored 3 tries that Val "would have scored" so I conclude that going out on the turps may cost him 2 years in a row.

Inferno

Coach
Woods is a complete powder puff and should be nowhere near the sides. He never does the tough yards and is generally 2nd, 3rd or 4th to arrive in defence.

Quigs

Immortal
What do you blokes think that you know more about Origin selections than the Channel Nein NRL NSW BLUES State of O Gyngell selection team.

Come on now give me a break Baaaay-Bee.

The only Penriff player that should be anywhere near the NSW team should be Tyrone Peachey.

Much better utility player on the bench than Jack Bird for mine.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Val would have been a certainty last season if he hadn't gone out on the turps. I am sure that Gaigai scored 3 tries that Val "would have scored" so I conclude that going out on the turps may cost him 2 years in a row.

Nope. That poor effort with the 40/20 cost him for sure. No urgency shown which is a must for SOO. Same with his invisible backing up and poor attacking reads.

I didnt expect him to be selected TBH.

Pundapat

Juniors
Nope. That poor effort with the 40/20 cost him for sure. No urgency shown which is a must for SOO. Same with his invisible backing up and poor attacking reads.

At fullback sure, but on the wing where Gagai will be playing he does everything Gagai does plus more, don't forget he scored close to 20 tries last year playing on the wing.

Madsharkie

First Grade

That's bullshit. Nothing to do with his last game. Was never going to be picked in front of the incumbents. Unlike NSW, Qld are very loyal to their previous performers. Stop letting reefy's opinion of Holmes infect your normal good judgment. :) Or are you still trying to get bites?
FTR I didn't think he would be picked either. But nothing to do with his form. If Oates or Gagai were not playing, then Val gets an Origin debut.

Card Shark

Immortal
Was never going to be picked in front of the incumbents. Unlike NSW, Qld are very loyal to their previous performers.

Difference is, the Queenslanders all play their best, even if a bit out of form coming into the game.

The New South Welshman that come in out of form just play shit.

We should nearly always pick our most in-form players.