What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Avenger

Immortal
lol.
Nice one.
Maybe you should all move back to Bonnyrigg.
:)
It's too hard Suity. Been over 10 years now mate and it's the only sport that my wife and kids attend together. It is the world game, remember.

PS If Serbia make the WC I'll be in Mother Russia next year. Fingers crossed.

Suitman

Post Whore
Even though we lost when that prick Santalab scored against us a few weeks ago the buzz in that souless stadium was still bigger than anything I have experienced since the Eels' run in 2009.

The fact that you had to go back 8 years for a similar experience at a RL game says a lot about what football has to offer.
Every Sydney derby at Allianz and Pirtek since the inception of the Wanderers has offered that experience.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's too hard Suity. Been over 10 years now mate and it's the only sport that my wife and kids attend together. It is the world game, remember.

PS If Serbia make the WC I'll be in Mother Russia next year. Fingers crossed.

I hope they do. It would be the greatest experience of your families life. My only problem is that it is in Russia.

Avenger

Immortal
I hope they do. It would be the greatest experience of your families life. My only problem is that it is in Russia.
We went to Germany in 2006 and it was epic. Don't read too much into Russia. Plenty of fake news about Mother Russia as there is about Serbia proper.

Gronk

Staff member
OCCEROOS SQUAD TO FACE IRAQ, UAE

FULL 30-MAN SQUAD BY POSITION

GOALKEEPERS

Mat Ryan (Genk, Belgium), Mitchell Langerak (Stuttgart, Germany), Danny Vukovic (Sydney FC)

DEFENDERS

Rhyan Grant (Sydney FC), Milos Degenek (Yokohama), Trent Sainsbury (Inter Milan, Italy), Rhys Williams (Perth Glory), Bailey Wright (Bristol City, England), Alex Gersbach (Rosenborg, Norway), Brad Smith (Bournemouth, England), Aziz Behich (Bursaspor)

MIDFIELDERS

Mile Jedinak (Aston Villa, England), Mark Milligan (Baniyas, UAE), Jackson Irvine (Burton, England), Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield, England), James Jeggo (Sturm Graz), Mustafa Amini (AGF, Denmark), Riley McGree (Adelaide), Ryan Edwards (Patrick Thistle, Scotland), Matt McKay (Brisbane Roar). Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers, England)

ATTACKERS

Tim Cahill (Melbourne City)
, Tomi Juric (FC Luzern, Switzerland), Mathew Leckie (FC Ingolstadt, Germany), Robbie Kruse (Liaoning Whowin, China), Nathan Burns (FC Tokyo, Japan), Awer Mabil (Esbjerg fB, Denmark), Chris Ikonomidis (AGF, Denmark), Craig Goodwin (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), James Troisi (Melbourne Victory)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d/news-story/7aae7d05e05e60e7bd04442bc728cbad

bartman

Immortal
A-League expansion team in "South West Sydney"? I like it... :D

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...um-for-aleague-expansion-20170322-gv44az.html

Fairfield Showgrounds proposal:
1490173815229.jpg

bartman

Immortal
So, the Socceroos held a valuable 1-0 away lead in the WC qualifier in Iraq, from just before halftime up until the 76th minute....

bartman

Immortal
And game over... we need Japan to draw or win away against UAE for us not to fall to outright 4th place in the group :eek:

Eelementary

Post Whore
And game over... we need Japan to draw or win away against UAE for us not to fall to outright 4th place in the group :eek:

Don't get your knickers in a twist - we have a run of 3 home games coming up.

The draw against Iraq was disappointing, but that pitch was atrocious, and helped nullify Kruse, Luongo, and Leckie.

I reckon we'll have better luck playing at home.

84 Baby

Referee
You are a bit of a moron but I'll make it simpler for you we (well we but obviously not you) realistically need to win 4 remaining games including in Japan to auto qualify, or win 2 (1 must be Tuesday v UAE) to finish 3rd and have playoff vs probably Uzbeks and then probably Honduras or Panama

Last edited: