What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Eelementary

Post Whore
that effort from Langerak was pissweak to let that goal in

I thought the same thing - he had an option to play at the ball, and pulled away.

He also didn't see nobody St the far post bar the Iraqi striker.

I guess he showed why he's Australia's second choice (that great save earlier notwithstanding).

bartman

Immortal
You are a bit of a moron but I'll make it simpler for you
It's simple enough... we're clinging onto 3rd spot (play off) on goal difference because UAE only drew with Japan.

Yes, winning remaininv games would help us to qualify... but are we good enough?

And yes I was at the 2006 game in Germany v Croatia - fantastic ( and friendly) atmosphere... and we had a much better squad than we do now, even though qualification is now easier.

Suitman

Post Whore
We are back Suity. Go the Wanderers!

We have certainly been playing well this past 10 days. Completely dominated two A-League teams and an Asian side.
I'm still concerned that there aren't many goal scorers in the team. Players like Bridge would contribute on a regular basis. We rely too heavily on Santalab to put them away. He is indeed in hot form though.
Janjetovic has been a great addition, as has Antonis. We look much better without our captain Dimas on the field.

Just as an aside, The win/draw/loss totals of the top current Top 6 are as follows:

ESFC: Played 23. 17/5. Total 22. Losses - 1. (Clear leaders in this account.)
Victory: Played 23. 14/3. Total 17. Losses - 6
City: Played 24. 10/6. Total 16. Losses - 8
Roar: Played 23. 8/3. Total 17. Losses - 6
Glory: Played 23. 8/8. Total 16. Losses - 7
Wanderers: Played 24. 7/10. Total 17. Losses - 7.

Clearly ESFC are runaway leaders atm, but there's a struck match between the other 5 teams. And our win against ESFC proves that any team can beat another on any given day.
We seem to be hitting a purple patch at the right time. Hence, it's only been a few games but these performances would certainly be building confidence and conviction amongst the players.
I'm guessing that the other top 6 teams would not want to be facing us in the semi's.
The game in a fortnight vs Victory will be the real test. They have been a real bogey team for the past few seasons.
BTW, last night at Spotless was fantastic!! Lucky goal to City within 3 minutes and after that, it was all WSW.
Both Nicholl's and Martinez should have scored also.
It was a thumping.

Suitman

Post Whore
No. I wouldn't have a clue who Bortman is. That's not what I said.
I just think Twiz thinks you are a knob. From his comments on this forum.

bartman

Immortal
Geez, I can't post in this thread or the stadium rebuild thread without being stalked...

Waaaah... Lol :grinning: