What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

84 Baby

Referee
Well that was a f**king rabble. And an unexpected first half. I know we want to play holding soccer but that doesn't mean you stand f**king still. Got beaten by the bounce or run way too often. That's an excuse you can use on a bum league track not Adelaide oval

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Socceroos tried to play one-twos regularly, and often with the one passer not running through the gap.

It was embarrassing, tbh - but at least we won.

phantom eel

First Grade
Go the Socceroos! f**king give it to Phart and his anti-Australian bullshit!
What are you talking about? The Socceroos are the only bit I enjoy about our football - pity they'e been dragged down in the past decade by the poor quality of our local domestic league. :p
Forget Phart. Waste of space not even worth mentioning.
Lol, which is why you couldn't help yourself from mentioning... backfire again :eek:

84 Baby

Referee
Cant see it happening but if somehow Thailand could beat UAE then we're at least guaranteed non-elimination

Edit - draw won't help

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Seen better ball control down at the local park. Ang has some work to do.
Yeah I'm willing to accept bad passing and the rubbish defensive effort as lack of game time together but ball watching is not something you'd expect pros to do ever

84 Baby

Referee
I'm not outraged by it, they legitimately may not do 1 minute silences, but I don't go to Saudi Arabia and walk around in my budgie smugglers, flauntingly eating a pork roll during Ramadan

Gronk

Staff member
9 /6/ 2017
The Saudi Arabian Football Federation deeply regrets and unreservedly apologises for any offence caused by the failure of some members of the representative team of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to formally observe the one minute's silence in memory of the victims of the London terrorist attack on 3 June 2017, prior to the World Cup Qualifying match against Australia in Adelaide.

The players did not intend any disrespect to the memories of the victims or to cause upset to their families, friends or any individual affected by the atrocity

The Saudi Arabian Football Federation condemns all acts of terrorism and extremism and extends its sincerest condolences to the families of all the victims and to the Government and people of the United Kingdom.

http://thesaff.com.sa/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsID=15998

Happy MEel

First Grade
That press release still doesn't offer a reason why the players didn't recognise the minute silence. You would think if it was just a misunderstanding or failure in communication they would have said so. They've worded that very cleverly to appease the public without really looking into why it happened.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well maybe they are just not familiar with our culture, some people like to be outraged just for the sake of it

Ring Gids

Juniors
well maybe they are just not familiar with our culture, some people like to be outraged just for the sake of it

True. Sadly the usual dicks that yell out in the middle of the silence (often a "Queenslander!!!") don't have the same potential excuse.

Latest posts