OT: Association Football, MK3

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Twizzle, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Eelementary

Eelementary Immortal

I think there is an effort made by governing bodies in football to eradicate diving, but for some reason, coaches and players continue to try it on.

It's a shame - I hate the practice.

2. strider

strider Post Whore

I know there are elements of it, but you simply cannot compare the amount of diving in league compared to soccer/football .... and if you try and draw some sort of justification then you are deadset kidding

And the nrl legitimately has tried to put a stop to it ... they got rid of the rubbish video ref calling out fairy taps every time a player laid down cos they recognised it was bullshit .... i wouldnt even be surprised if someone had a quiet word to slater over his efforts cos he actually tried to play fair after that dropkick try

Perhaps us people brought up on league just simply cant accept such softness cos we like a bit of brutality to our sport ...... but i reckon its a big part of why australia has never fully embraced the game

3. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

Thank you for suggesting that I must agree that it's ok for players to simulate due to my comment about different cultures in sport. I stand by that.
    For what it's worth, I despise the practice. I absolutely hate it and think it is a terrible blight on the game. Thankfully, it's not as prevalent in this country as it is overseas, and it is certainly far less accepted amongst football fans here.
    My main gripe with your original comment was that you have made your point many times previously.
    I'm far aware of your stance on this issue yet you bang on about it time and time again in an almost Bart-esque fashion. Ok...... we get it. It's the same as continually watching a shit tv show and then complaining about the content.

I'm in the same ball park as you regarding diving in football, as I said above, but I look past it and focus on the better and more positive aspects of the game, like Reilly McGree's world class goal last week.

There's plenty of shitty things about RL as well, yet I don't see you carry on about them like you do with diving in football. As I said, if you don't like it, don't watch it.
    Also, it's clear that you do not understand the game judging by the video you posted.
    Absolutely, the Italian was going to go down, but when a defender throws himself at the feet of an attacking player inside the box, they are opening themselves up to the type of decision that was made. Instead of laying the blame at the Italian, maybe you should be looking at the stupidity of Lucas Neill for making such a poor attempt at a tackle at such a critical stage of the game.

Eelementary likes this.
  4. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Coach

With new clear rules?

5. strider

strider Post Whore

Its a toxic problem

6. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

Fckn autocorrect.

7. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

1. I didn’t say that you must agree. Read it again I said if you agree.
    2. I don’t bang on about it. I have mentioned my gripe literally 5 times in 10 years. Search it, I’m right.
    3. Comparing me Bart Is ridiculous.
    4. I am not Robinson Crusoe here if you note the comments today as others agree and it is a very common criticism about the sport If this was the AFL thread or cricket thread I doubt you would amp up. This is a soccer thread warts n all mate If you want to start a soccer appreciation thread then go right ahead. You can even request to be moderator and delete comments that you don’t like.

8. strider

strider Post Whore

Yeah the bart-esque comparison is way off .... the guy was a first rate stalking, trolling grub

9. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Referee

I like Suity’s passion about soccer but seriously he is one of the most humourless passive agressive log floggers on this forum.

The attack against Gronk is completely unwarranted and way off the mark.

10. Dibs

Dibs Bench

I think Gronk is wrong here. It’s not like suity continually brings up his hate of Sydney fc, or how unfairly the RBB are treated or his hatred of GWS

Gary Gutful likes this.
  11. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

It was a shocking challenge.

The VAR failed again. So I am guessing that when they say it is a software error, they mean that the VAR determines a goal / no goal result without human intervention? Didn’t work obviously. Maybe they should not have rolled it out until it is proven 99% accurate. The hawke-eye at the tennis seems to get it right. Prolly has a far simpler task but.

On a side note to the GF, the Victory assistant coach who ran onto the pitch and slaped a SFC player got 4 weeks. Imagine if Steve Murphy ran onto the pitch and clobbered JT during the match. He would have got 12 months or even life in the NRL. WTF with that.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    I bleed blue & gold likes this.
  12. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

13. Eelementary

Eelementary Immortal

That's...kind of sad reading lol.

Not a lot of true quality there, at the moment.

14. EelsFan05

EelsFan05 Juniors

Hmmm this squad is going to be on struggle street....

15. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

Maybe it's a good thing that we're not over-successful.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-22/red-star-belgrade-set-fire-to-team-bus-during-parade/9786968

16. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

17. strider

strider Post Whore

Bloody Serbs

Dibs likes this.
  18. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

Win the UCL with a great goal ? Hold my beer.

19. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

Liverpool GK had one to forget. FFS.

20. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

he's OK I guess