What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

strider

Post Whore
I would say, surely they will never get football rights again .... but at the end of the day, money talks

TheParraboy

Staff member
That Christian bloke hellava player, game over basically in the first 5 min

Come on aussies tonight, I smell an ambush..

Suitman

Post Whore
for all the good work he did he f**ked it up with that stupid dive at the end

Pepe's was better!! Lol, what a joke some of these players are.

Anyway, Go Footballroos. A win is almost essential but a draw will keep us in the running.
More nervous than I was before the French game because my expectations weren't so high for that.
We passed the first test because we limited damage control against the Frogs.
Now it's time to stand up.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pepe.gif

Suitman

Post Whore
why don't they give yellow cards for that?

Because FIFA are weak, and this type of behavior is just accepted as part of the game in so many countries, which our culture does not understand.
FIFA, if they had the desire, could stamp it out within 12 months.
Retrospective yellow cards, specified period of time off the field (like 5 minutes) if you go off on a stretcher etc...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When people really get tripped over they don't look at the ref, they look at the ground to make sure they land safely. It should be the first thing they look at. Did the merkin look straight at the ref? Then it's bullshit.

At the same time, if referees let defenders get away with little fouls there will never be any goals. So it's understandable that attackers will exaggerate the effects of a foul in case the merkin with the whistle misses it.

Suitman

Post Whore
So, we all hate diving in football. It's a f**king blight on the game, particularly in this country.
It has been a massive negative of this World Cup.
Optus has also been a massive negative.

Well, here are a few positives:

* The insane amount of fans that travel from all over the world to attend this tournament.
* The comradery between fans of so many different cultures and countries.
* The amount of Aussies who have travelled. I've heard we far outnumber the Danes.
* This sort of stuff......
There is nothing else like the Football World Cup that brings the world together in a festive atmosphere.
The Olympics are a distant second.
Anything else - daylight.

Gronk

Staff member
I'll be cheering for Australia tonight. Have a soft spot for them.

I’ve thought hard and tbh the other mob are a dud country and only good for apple danish. Otherwise pretty much a fail country. They even needed an aussie to marry into their royal family to inject some quality. We got dis.1590C06A-0B3B-4A9E-8F29-264B4FB2F5BA.jpeg

Eelementary

Post Whore
So, we all hate diving in football. It's a f**king blight on the game, particularly in this country.
It has been a massive negative of this World Cup.
Optus has also been a massive negative.

Well, here are a few positives:

* The insane amount of fans that travel from all over the world to attend this tournament.
* The comradery between fans of so many different cultures and countries.
* The amount of Aussies who have travelled. I've heard we far outnumber the Danes.
* This sort of stuff......
There is nothing else like the Football World Cup that brings the world together in a festive atmosphere.
The Olympics are a distant second.
Anything else - daylight.

Absolutely!

And let's not forget the football - Iran have played a beautiful brand of football, Mexico have been a breath of fresh air, and Ronaldo...well, he's just not human.