What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

phantom eel

First Grade
Was never in doubt...!

Now we'll see if the Wanderers can actually convert possession into goals, or whether they'll be shown up by the Jets?

phantom eel

First Grade
Reckless Bulut with his usual 27min yellow card special - I wish sportsbet would let me back the time for his first yellow card every week, I'd be rich!

phantom eel

First Grade
Wonder if Wanderers fans still managed to smuggle some flares into their new "home" ground?

sparklers.jpg

phantom eel

First Grade
That handball is one of the silliest things I've seen, even for A-League standard.

Wanderers are playing a bunch of dummies tonight, and deserve the 2-0 lead.

Looks like this one won't go down to the wire... might switch over to X-Factor and watch a "real" contest!

phantom eel

First Grade
At least Popa pullet Bulet off before he got a red card!

The Japanese Wanderer goes good, but Wanderers never really went on with their promising lead. Jets haven't really bought much to the table either.

This one's been a plod fest of dubious quality imo.

phantom eel

First Grade
Andrew Redmayne is gash.

Worst keeper ever.
Who's have thought Jets would come back from there?

I'd given the game up, thought the result was in the bag - so did the Wanderers. Popa should be furious.

I guess the A-League keeps on delivering those down to the wire results...!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Who's have thought Jets would come back from there?

I'd given the game up, thought the result was in the bag - so did the Wanderers. Popa should be furious.

I guess the A-League keeps on delivering those down to the wire results...!

Jets did wonderfully well to not give up.

Bit Redmayne is garbage. Never liked the guy.

He has very poor instincts coming off his line.

This is one of those rare instances where you can put the blame on the keeper; while he did make some saves, his schoolboy errors cost us 2 points.

I'm disappointed in his brain farts.

phantom eel

First Grade
Yep, that first goal where he came out and basically bumped into the Wanderers' #12 who was already marking Hoole... *shakes head*. At least on the line he would have stood a chance of seeing where the ball was going from the head and trying to make a save?

Maybe he was caught up doing the 80th minute Ponzan like the fans, instead of staying focussed on the game...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just watched the highlights, i know what you are saying Eele. Poor goalkeeping.

I'm a really hard marker on keepers, because I played keeper all my life, and made junior rep teams as a keeper - but I've always thought that was Redmayne's biggest flaw.

He is indecisive, and that split second of doubt is all it takes to make an error.

His clean up of the free kick was inexcusable, too.

While the entire team was flat after the 70th minute or so, I truly believe Redmayne cost us two points with school boy errors.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yep, that first goal where he came out and basically bumped into the Wanderers' #12 who was already marking Hoole... *shakes head*. At least on the line he would have stood a chance of seeing where the ball was going from the head and trying to make a save?

Maybe he was caught up doing the 80th minute Ponzan like the fans, instead of staying focussed on the game...

I don't think the decision to punch the ball was wrong, but he was slow and terribly mistimed his jump.

Had he decided at once to make a beeline off his line to punch it clear, it would have been fine; instead, he doubted himself and ultimately made a bad play.

I hope he works on this part of his game, because it's a big flaw in his keeping imo.

Latest posts