What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

strider

Post Whore
Perhaps the RBB should start their own breakaway competition ... they could play out of exciting venues like bonyrigg and edensor park

Why did they make the thing? ... to offend Arnold and SFC .... so why are they up in arms that people were offended?

TBH im over the victim mentality .... dont do dumb shit if you dont want people to treat you like dumb shits

forward pass

Coach
I think Arnold is a gigantic dick too. No doubt about that.

But that banner is simply appalling at a family event. And it IS a family event. The RBB have lost me after that. If they can't see how people would be offended by that then they are just plain idiotic.

As for Arnold, I thought his invincible's comment was fair enough actually. That was nothing compared to some of the other stupid shit he has sprouted.

phantom eel

First Grade
The RBB - and other groups like them - are one of the main factors holding soccer back from generating the type of money (through bigger regular crowds/interest, and hence better ratings and broadcast deals) that A-League needs, to become sustainable and emerge as the giant (summer) sport that we all know if can be.

If only the FFA and the Wanderers could rid themselves of the RBB, there'd be no stopping soccer in this country imo.

Suitman

Post Whore
It could be argued that it has been the RBB that has helped build the hugely successful Wanderers.
I doubt they'd be as big as they are if there never was an RBB.

Gronk

Staff member
It could be argued that it has been the RBB that has helped build the hugely successful Wanderers.
I doubt they'd be as big as they are if there never was an RBB.

However the club would survive without them and indeed the league would survive without the club.

The arrogant posturing of the RBB would suggest that they think they are indispensable.

phantom eel

First Grade
However the club would survive without them and indeed the league would survive without the club.

The arrogant posturing of the RBB would suggest that they think they are indispensable.
Agree. They've always put themselves higher than their club and their game.

With further punishment and danctions pending, the RBB has now almost disappeared up its own collective orifice.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's also ironic that there has been no mention of this from you blokes........... the damage caused to ANZ by ESFC fans and the seat frisby they played...........
f**king hypocrites.

sydney-fc-fans_1mj6315kzcibw1g253kfb8tynq.jpg

If it had been the RBB that did this you'd be all over it.

phantom eel

First Grade
@emjaycee... i think calling other memebers hypocrites counts as instigating/winding up behaviour?

I look forward to you commenting, as you had previously said you would....

Gronk

Staff member
It's also ironic that there has been no mention of this from you blokes........... the damage caused to ANZ by ESFC fans and the seat frisby they played...........
f**king hypocrites.

sydney-fc-fans_1mj6315kzcibw1g253kfb8tynq.jpg

If it had been the RBB that did this you'd be all over it.

Football Federation Australia is expected to come down heavily on Western Sydney and their fans after launching an investigation into an offensive banner that was unfurled during the Sydney Derby at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.

Less than 24 hours after the Wanderers recorded a 1-0 win over Sydney FC in front of 44,000 fans, FFA issued a statement saying they are aware of an “unauthorised and totally unacceptable banner” that was produced in the middle of the club’s active supporter group, the Red and Black Bloc (RBB).

The banner showed a Sky Blue face depicting a sex act amid suggestions the image was homophobic.

“FFA is aware of the unauthorised and totally unacceptable banner that was displayed in the Western Sydney Wanderers area during Saturday night’s Sydney Derby at ANZ Stadium,” Head of A-League Greg O’Rourke said.

“The discriminatory nature of the tifo has no place in society and will not be tolerated in the A-League.

“We are working with the club and currently gathering as much information as possible and will deal with the matter when we have all available facts including CCTV footage.”

Western Sydney went into damage control and confirmed they are working with FFA.

“Last night’s match was a fantastic event attended by over 44,000 people — the A-League’s and our club’s second highest attended match of the season,” Wanderers chief executive John Tsatsimas said in a statement.

“The club is currently working with FFA to review a matter involving an unauthorised banner that was revealed in the second half of the match.

“Due to the inappropriate nature of the item it was swiftly removed by our supporter management team and disposed of. As a club made up of the most diverse and inclusive cross-section of members and fans in Australian sport we do not condone the imagery depicted in the banner and the club remains committed to working with FFA and our stadiums to ensure our matches remain a positive family friendly environment.”

Sydney FC might not escape scrutiny either with claims members of their active fan group, The Cove, ripped up seats and threw plastics bottles on to the ground.

There were also reports of a fight involving a number of fans from both clubs outside the stadium after the game with NSW Police confirming that 15 people were arrested for separate incidents

Offences included “assault police; throw missile; offensive language; fail to quit licensed premises; trespass; affray; possess prohibited drug; possess drug implements; excluded person re-enter; and enter field of play.”

It was reported one mounted police officer sustained a cut above his right eye after being struck by a projectile thrown during an affray.

Commander of the operation, Superintendent Mark Jones, said police are disappointed by the behaviour of some of those in the crowd.

“While the majority of the crowd were well behaved and abided by police directions, there were a small number who engaged in anti-social behaviour,” Superintendent Jones said in a statement.

“Police are there to ensure the safety of everyone and ensure that they can enjoy the event in a safe and friendly environment, and it is disappointing a small number of people choose to behave in this manner.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...r/news-story/38c49bec46ac2fb9e3e8a9c6b77d6fb4

Gronk

Staff member
Agree @Suitman. All soccer hooligans need to shown the door.

Sydney has not seen crap like this since the Dogs were out of control.

Suitman

Post Whore
Agree @Suitman. All soccer hooligans need to shown the door.

Sydney has not seen crap like this since the Dogs were out of control.

Fair enough, but you hadn't raised the issue until I mentioned it.
Like I said, no word from you or the other dick until it was brought to your attention, and don't say you didn't know about it as it has also been in the media.
Selective criticism?
If you want to be critical of A-League fans, be critical of all of them, not just those from teams you do not follow.

strider

Post Whore
Didnt know they had trashed the place - f**kin imbeciles .... and i would consider that behaviour more f**ked than the enormous penis .... the enormous penis is just f**king dumb, juvenile stupidity

not a good look for the a-league at all

Suitman

Post Whore
Didnt know they had trashed the place - f**kin imbeciles .... and i would consider that behaviour more f**ked than the enormous penis .... the enormous penis is just f**king dumb, juvenile stupidity

Agree.

phantom eel

First Grade
How about you comment on the issue I raised, rather than looking for a bit of sympathy?
I will, if you retract your baseless claims that I troll you/follow you around the forum etc, when (as shown above) it can be argued that you get personal first when faced with differing viewpoints?

phantom eel

First Grade

Agree... though it would be interesting to see whether that behaviour followed/was in reaction to the use of the offensive tifo, or whether it occurred before that.

Also 15 arrests from both sides for a variety of offences during and after the showpiece game isn't a good look for the A-League either. Hardly family friendly... Yoshi won't be choosing any soccer team at this rate.

phantom eel

First Grade
Fair enough, but you hadn't raised the issue until I mentioned it.
Like I said, no word from you or the other dick until it was brought to your attention, and don't say you didn't know about it as it has also been in the media.
Selective criticism?
If you want to be critical of A-League fans, be critical of all of them, not just those from teams you do not follow.
@emjaycee I'd say that calling someone "the other dick" is example #2 of Suity instigating trolling/personal abuse on the forums. So 2-0...? Looking forward to your promised comment calling him out...