What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. for carch

Well we beat the Storm again and at the same time I was seeing the Oils at Marrickville Bowlo.
The Best of Both Worlds really. For carch and his mate in Calvary.

carcharias

Immortal
Come out great
Those iPhone vids can be a bit hit and miss
Bones still hits those harmonies.
Can't wait to see them.

Born BB&W

Juniors
Was it a surprise gig like the one I saw mid 80's at the Casbah? Turned up on a Thursday night for a skin full and the Allnighters but got the Oils. Oils were top of the tree back them needless to say I was super stoked.

carcharias

Immortal
We record our band with iPhone using a rode iPhone mic
Not sure if it's my phone but the quality is pretty ordinary.
I did drop my phone and had to get it repaired.

The rode is really sensitive to volume.
I'd imagine the oils would be louder than us.

Was it a surprise gig like the one I saw mid 80's at the Casbah? Turned up on a Thursday night for a skin full and the Allnighters but got the Oils. Oils were top of the tree back them needless to say I was super stoked.
Well it was a surprise gig but these surprises are not really that in the end.
I got so lucky as i am house sitting 200m up the road and i was there on Saturday night until 3am sloppy as all fook. It was at this point someone let it slip to me.
I went down at 2pm and made sure i was in.
Capped off at 200 people with 1000 outside.
Great arvo.

Born BB&W

Juniors
F me I was in Enmore Park until about 30 mins before kick off. So lucky you got the word late on the Sat night to turn up. Mine was just a regular Thursday night at the CBah and word started spreading there was a rumour they were playing. These were standard billys in the carpark days, no such things as RSA or RBT and I was a total Oils freak at the time. One of the best nights of my life gig wise.

Last edited:

Eion

First Grade
Caught the oils at lake jindy hotel in their full pomp with only about 1000 chock a block.

Saw some great bands there in front of small crowds, they used to come down for a ski and it paid for their week. Best I ever saw were Silverchair there, f**k they were good before Johns went all weird.

carcharias

Immortal
Thanks bubby

I've Passed on the new link

It was a bit busy this afternoon to play it.
His brothers are going to play it for him tonight.

They love it.

"I know right"?

What are you? 16 years old? LOLOL

How about an ikr SMS style

HAHAHAHAHAHA
You still shitty because you didn't know that Sludge had captained Australia?
You do realise this thread was made for carch's mate who is in Calvary?
Good one.