What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

I know those young fellas, one of their old man is a mate of mine. They used to come and watch me play a bit. I tried to get them gigs in Spain a while back
edit: fffarrk they saw me do that MotorHead song years ago now theyre doin it, classic
double edit: the first one, we are the road crew

Anyone into Krautrock????

Holger Czukay

The Can cofounder was found dead in his apartment in Weilerswist, Germany.

holger-czukay-dies-rip.jpg

Holger Czukay has died.

The legendary musician was found dead today in his Weilerswist home, a former cinema that is also the site of Can's fabled Inner Space Studio. As Cologne newspaper Express reports, construction workers laboring at the complex had not spotted him for a few days, and a neighbor eventually found him lifeless in his apartment. A surgeon was called to the apartment and declared Czukay's death, the cause of which has not been made public. His death follows the passing of his wife, Ursula, who died July 28th, her 55th birthday.

Born in Poland in 1938, Czukay studied under Karlheinz Stockhausen in the '60s before starting Can alongside Irmin Schmidt in 1968. He played bass guitar and performed most of the engineering for the influential group, whose run includes defining Krautrock albums Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi and Future Days. His post-Can career had him collaborating with the likes of Conny Plank, David Sylvian, Jah Wobble and The Edge, among others, and he's also known for solo tunes like "Cool In The Pool" and "Persian Love."

His passing follows the death of Can drummer Jaki Liebezeit earlier this year.

Listen to Can's "Bel Air."

Artists and labels from across the electronic music spectrum have paid tribute to Czukay on social media.

carcharias

Immortal
Grant Hart - a legend in my world
I'll never forget the first time I heard this song, it blew me away and I went on to play it in three different bands
R.I.P fella

It is one of those songs ey.
I'm not sure what it is but it just gets in your head and you never get sick of it.
For me there are a few others along the same line
God - my pal
The only ones - another girl another planet
The hellmen- homegrown

Just perfect repetitive rock n roll