What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

It's been kind of a day
Besides George, who was brilliant, there were some other lesser knowns on the fall
Martin Ain from Celtic Frost/Hellhammer and Scott "Daisy Berkowitz" Putesky from Marylin Manson

Vanda and Young produced THAT Australian sound, AC/DC, Tatts, Angels, Easybeats, Stevie etc. I'll play just one
The guitar sound... man

carcharias

Immortal
I can still remember the first time I heard “sorry”
Doug Mulray played it one morning.
I was in my brothers car and he had the f**king music blaring

I went and got the easybeats anthology on cassette that weekend.

Quigs

Immortal
Sad day indeed. I still have a stash of old Easys on 45's.

I remember watching a doco on Aussie Music, I think it was Stevie was doing the talking. He said the Easybeats started to go downhill when the "smarts" in the industry told them they had to change their music to stay with the international acts. When they were advising the family in the very early days of ACDC they (the easys) just told the boys to stick to their own style and do what they want to do.

And as they say, the rest is history.

snout

First Grade
Amazing stories.
Legendary.

3 young tearaways - the Youngs find themselves living in an immigrant camp in Sydney in the 60's.

They meet some other Nordic kid in the camp. Harry Vanda. Between the lot of them they couldnt scrape together a dollar.

They run into another young punk stevie wright.

3 go one way and create the easybeats...the other two brothers go the other to form AC/DC.

f**k me - fate puts those 5 guys in the one place at the same time to create Australian and global Musical genius.

ABC is making an Easybeats miniseries apparently to air this year in 2 parts.

taipan

Referee
As an aside, never get tired of Angus Young ,his guitar work and the duck walk.
In the case of George,any old rocker that makes it to 70 these days, is a miracle worker.
Which is why I can't figure out how the Stones do it, they tried everything the body dislikes.

I just watched it
Man
That was like a really bad attempt at a rose tattoo rip off
Mate, Black Eyed Bruiser came about 2 years before the Tatts, its more of a Kinks rip off if anything. Loved the Easys but too young to see them, saw the first show of the Stevie Wright Band in 74, he was supporting Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs.

Vanda and Young were great in the studio and their influence can be heard on all the Alberts acts, Stevie Wright, Angels, Rose Tattoo, Ted Mulry Gang, John Paul Youg and of course AC DC.

I've played in 2 bands that have covered the Easy's "I'll make you happy".

carcharias

Immortal
Mate, Black Eyed Bruiser came about 2 years before the Tatts, its more of a Kinks rip off if anything. Loved the Easys but too young to see them, saw the first show of the Stevie Wright Band in 74, he was supporting Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs.

Vanda and Young were great in the studio and their influence can be heard on all the Alberts acts, Stevie Wright, Angels, Rose Tattoo, Ted Mulry Gang, John Paul Youg and of course AC DC.

I've played in 2 bands that have covered the Easy's "I'll make you happy".

I loved easybeats and AC/DC
Didn’t rate Stevie wright solo stuff much though.

I only discovered rose tattoo a few years ago
Some of their stuff was great
Some was shit
The lyrics here are bordering on pedophilia

Quigs

Immortal
Fats - I found my thrill is gone. Whose left? It is getting near a roll call time.

One of my earliest LPs was a Fats Greatest Hits. One of those vinyls you purchased from the local newsagency for $1.99 I think it was.

I loved the Loved Ones version of Blueberry Hill too.