What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

SadShark

Bench
Hah, nice one Cardy.

Nah, Mr Big “To Be With You” 1992 was one of their hits (they only had one or two others “Just Take My Heart” was another one from memory).

Seriously good drummer. Should start an OT Dead Drummer post. We’ve lost some greats before their time. Jeff Porcaro, Tony Thompson, John Bonham, Keith Moon etc......

coolumsharkie

Referee
Nah same sort of glam rock who got famous with balad style acoustic songs rather than probably their intended pursuit of commercial rock songds that were fairly average.

Major Winchester was a rock star in that other type of music, I learned today from Wikipedia.

Stiers was the associate conductor for the Newport (Oregon) Symphony Orchestra and the Ernest Bloch Music Festival.[8] He also guest-conducted over 70 orchestras around the world, including the Oregon Mozart Players, the Vancouver Symphony, the Virginia Symphony, the Oregon Chamber Players, the Yaquina (Oregon) Chamber Orchestra, as well as orchestras in San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles, Chicago and Toronto.[9][10][11]

Jeff St John, who I first saw with Copperwine at a school lunchtime concert in 1971 has died.

For you younger punters, Jeff St John, also known as Jeffrey St. John (born Jeffrey Leo Newton[1] 22 April 1946, in Newtown, Sydney), is an Australian singer who gained fame for top ten hits with Teach Me How to Fly, Big Time Operator[2] and Fool in Love.[3] St John was born with spina bifida.

He appeared with a number of bands during the late 1960s and early 1970s including; John The Syndicate aka The Wild Oats (1965), The Id[4] (1966–67) with Bob Bertles (tenor sax '67), Jeff St John & Yama(1967–68), Jeff St John & Copperwine (1969-72), with Harry Brus (bass 70-72) and Wendy Saddington (co-lead vocals 70-71), Jeff St John Band (1972–73) and, Red Cloud (1975-76)[5]

carcharias

Immortal
Jeff St John, who I first saw with Copperwine at a school lunchtime concert in 1971 has died.

For you younger punters, Jeff St John, also known as Jeffrey St. John (born Jeffrey Leo Newton[1] 22 April 1946, in Newtown, Sydney), is an Australian singer who gained fame for top ten hits with Teach Me How to Fly, Big Time Operator[2] and Fool in Love.[3] St John was born with spina bifida.

He appeared with a number of bands during the late 1960s and early 1970s including; John The Syndicate aka The Wild Oats (1965), The Id[4] (1966–67) with Bob Bertles (tenor sax '67), Jeff St John & Yama(1967–68), Jeff St John & Copperwine (1969-72), with Harry Brus (bass 70-72) and Wendy Saddington (co-lead vocals 70-71), Jeff St John Band (1972–73) and, Red Cloud (1975-76)[5]
Did he sing the theme to Simon Townsend’s wonder world?

Latest posts