What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Quigs

Immortal
Sad nooze about J St J. Remember Big Time Operator and Teach Me real well. Was it on Commotion that him and the Id appeared a lot on.?

O.T. - - I tell youse what - if I keep trying to chop down trees in this 31c bloody heat then I am going to add myself to this far-can list. A quigs is mad I tell youse.

Sad nooze about J St J. Remember Big Time Operator and Teach Me real well. Was it on Commotion that him and the Id appeared a lot on.?

O.T. - - I tell youse what - if I keep trying to chop down trees in this 31c bloody heat then I am going to add myself to this far-can list. A quigs is mad I tell youse.

That was Kommotion with a K.

Being a slightly younger fella, I only remember seeing Jeff St John on GTK and later on Countdown when "Fool in Love" was a big hit.

Quigs

Immortal
I am pretty sure Big Time Operator was their first hit, followed by Teach Me How To Fly, and of course I could be wrong with me memory there Sir Tom.

I know he liked to fang around the stage on his wheelchair.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Sad news about Jeff, most people forget that his biggest hit was from 1977 with 'A Fool In Love' and was in a couple of episodes in 'A Country Practise' in the 80's, awesome voice, sadly forgotten Vale Jeff.

snoozer

Bench
Did he sing the theme to Simon Townsend’s wonder world?
Funny you mention STWW because I remember seeing the clip to "teach me how to fly" on the show in the early 80's. Townsend talked him up big time and the fact he was in a wheelchair. Funny things stick in your head.

I was talking to a guy today who used to roadie for Jeff SJ and he told me a story of when JSJ was giving everyone the shits and being a total arse hole. They put him in an elevator and duct taped him to the railing so he couldn't get out.

coolumsharkie

Referee
f**k me, how'd I miss that!
I travelled from the Shire, in the late 60s, to see him play at Here(?) in Nth Sydney

I'm sure he did more than a few gigs around the Shire, like Cazbah and Carmens, because I saw him a few times, he was great live! . In any case, it's a bygone era. That shit just doesn't exist anymore, on that level.

Mind you Kevin Borich is playing at the Coolum Pub on April 1st, a Sundee sesh for us aging R'nR'ers.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm sure he did more than a few gigs around the Shire, like Cazbah and Carmens, because I saw him a few times, he was great live! . In any case, it's a bygone era. That shit just doesn't exist anymore, on that level.

Mind you Kevin Borich is playing at the Coolum Pub on April 1st, a Sundee sesh for us aging R'nR'ers.

30 years ago Cools, we had a little Blues Club in 'The Park'. We booked the old CWA hall and it was held every 3rd Monday night of the month. Anyone that played got free piss for the night. Was great times indeed.

One cold winters night Mr Borich and most of his band he was touring with just happened to walk into the joint. He played a few songs and enjoyed our hospitallity. I have photos of the night with quigs on backing vocals and tamborine belting out a brilliant rendition of Lil' Red Rooster.

"Ere check these out"
http://www.emuparkonline.com.au/galleries_emu_park_blues_club.html

carcharias

Immortal
30 years ago Cools, we had a little Blues Club in 'The Park'. We booked the old CWA hall and it was held every 3rd Monday night of the month. Anyone that played got free piss for the night. Was great times indeed.

One cold winters night Mr Borich and most of his band he was touring with just happened to walk into the joint. He played a few songs and enjoyed our hospitallity. I have photos of the night with quigs on backing vocals and tamborine belting out a brilliant rendition of Lil' Red Rooster.

"Ere check these out"
Great pics

Haha
Max farger
What a name!

"Ere check these out"
Whatever number you have dor our Idiot Club it should be put in the vault and replaced by "Village".
Personally, I missed it by two years...

Quigs

Immortal
True story bout the old EP Blues Club. One Blues night and not organised by us Parkies and back in the day when Great Keppel Island was a great place to get wrecked on a heap of the GKI staff came over on two of the Ski Boats.

They had a bloke staying / or working with them that was a gun sax man.

Anyhowse they came over from GKI and beached the two boats up on the sand and just strolled up to the hall for a night of fun and games. They all ended up smashed as you do, but they didn't take into account that sometimes the tide does tend to go out at low tide.

The quigs were stranded for another five hours before they could put back to sea. Fun times.

bluefox1968

Juniors

Have you tried using a chain-saw...? It's great fun!