What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Quigs

Immortal
30 years ago Cools, we had a little Blues Club in 'The Park'. We booked the old CWA hall and it was held every 3rd Monday night of the month. Anyone that played got free piss for the night. Was great times indeed.

One cold winters night Mr Borich and most of his band he was touring with just happened to walk into the joint. He played a few songs and enjoyed our hospitallity. I have photos of the night with quigs on backing vocals and tamborine belting out a brilliant rendition of Lil' Red Rooster.

"Ere check these out"
http://www.emuparkonline.com.au/galleries_emu_park_blues_club.html

Hey youse Muso Creeps - By public demand I have resurrected the Blues Club T-Shirts.

How good would a gun lead guitar man or a bands hired gun look wearing a Parkies Blues Club T-Shirt.

Dutch Tilders got one of the originals off me zonks ago when he was touring in Rocky

http://unmerged.communitee.com.au/s...ark_Blues_Club_Tee?ctype=0&n=9846263&o=0&pn=1

SadShark

Bench
How good was Full Metal Jacket?

In my all time top 5.

Mickey Mouse Club theme at the end.

Cool Beans.

Quigs

Immortal
Big Darryl - he was a goodun.

Dazz was commentating up in Newcastle for NBN 3 ... then he went down to Nein.

Didn't he replace Ray Warren for a few years?

carcharias

Immortal
I met him up the central coast once
Seemed really nice
Was quite happy to have a chat with us.
It was probably a bit of a routine he’d done with plenty of footy fans but at least he went to the trouble.

Big Darryl - he was a goodun.

Dazz was commentating up in Newcastle for NBN 3 ... then he went down to Nein.

Didn't he replace Ray Warren for a few years?
I think you'll find that big Daz was at nein before Rabbits. Rabs was with 10 at the time.

Quigs

Immortal
BBB, who did he replace, (me memories gorne on this) ..... I know they advertised him as an unknown sports commentator from Newcastle. But I was up at Gloucester at the time and I knew of him before he went south.

I am pretty sure he did the commentary on the Newcastle televised league games.

Twas but a long time ago.

Also didn't he nearly leave us quite a few years ago after suffering a bad hearty at some surf club he belonged too. (testing me old memory agin' )

Stake Removed

First Grade
Bruno Sammartino went early today as well longest reigning WWF Champion, he survived holocaust WW2, and got to USA after that

snout

First Grade
Also didn't he nearly leave us quite a few years ago after suffering a bad hearty at some surf club he belonged too. (testing me old memory agin' )
Yep quigs - major heart attack at a surf carnival.

Smart move...there was about a million lifesavers present

BBB, who did he replace, (me memories gorne on this) ..... I know they advertised him as an unknown sports commentator from Newcastle. But I was up at Gloucester at the time and I knew of him before he went south.

I am pretty sure he did the commentary on the Newcastle televised league games.

Twas but a long time ago.

I don't think he replaced anyone ole chum .
Channel 7 had the rights for years then 9 got them. 9 didn't bring Rex over from 7 and just started afresh with big Daz.

taipan

Referee
Big Dazza east lake has gone.

Loved his commentary
Especially when the 12th man pulled the piss out of him.

Pearce off jack
Gibbs on

Big Dazz was music to my ears, made any event sound and look good.More so than Jimmy Barnes.
I'd therefore put him in the hard rocker category.

coolumsharkie

Referee
[QUOTE="Quigs, post: 12824144, member: 6791]

Also didn't he nearly leave us quite a few years ago after suffering a bad hearty at some surf club he belonged too. (testing me old memory agin' )[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought he was already brown bread. How unlucky would you be to die twice?

Brian Henry Hooper
Bass player for the Beasts of Bourbon, and Kim Salmon and the Surrealists amongst others.
Personally one of my major influences in playing bass. When he was on it was something else.
I guess I won't be seeing that $20 from the year 2000 now will I!
One of the REAL HARD rockers!
RIP Hoops.

carcharias

Immortal
Brian Henry Hooper
Bass player for the Beasts of Bourbon, and Kim Salmon and the Surrealists amongst others.
Personally one of my major influences in playing bass. When he was on it was something else.
I guess I won't be seeing that $20 from the year 2000 now will I!
One of the REAL HARD rockers!
RIP Hoops.

I dropped acid at the first big day out and went to see the beasts in the hordern.
One of the scariest things I’ve ever witnessed.

I dropped acid at the first big day out and went to see the beasts in the hordern.
One of the scariest things I’ve ever witnessed.
Twas a scary day all round, but worth it!
We were two of 10,000 to be there mi amigo!
Edit: I have pics of them at that gig. They're in a storage unit. I'll get em out one day