What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Feej

First Grade
I did a handful of shows with him back in about 2010. We were doing a Woodstock show and he was the main drawcard. Without doubt the best guitarist I've had the good fortune to share the stage with. He was also a *very* loud player. His open back amp was up on my riser at most of the gigs and eventually I had to have a baffle put there so I wouldn't go deaf. :)

Amazing player and great guy.

RIP

Feej

First Grade
Great memories. :)
DeBZExYU8AIiobG.jpg:large

carcharias

Immortal
I did a handful of shows with him back in about 2010. We were doing a Woodstock show and he was the main drawcard. Without doubt the best guitarist I've had the good fortune to share the stage with. He was also a *very* loud player. His open back amp was up on my riser at most of the gigs and eventually I had to have a baffle put there so I wouldn't go deaf. :)

Amazing player and great guy.

RIP

What was the Woodstock show?
A gig about the gig
Or
A a gig sponsored by the drink

Feej

First Grade
Sweet kit Feej. Love the 8” & 10” toms.
Thanks mate. I still have that kit, but don't use it at the moment. I got something lighter and smaller. :) This is my current gig rig...

DVkwiFYU8AAnpJq.jpg:large

Last edited:

Feej

First Grade
What was the Woodstock show?
A gig about the gig
Or
A a gig sponsored by the drink
It was basically a gig about the gig. Most of the big acts. Loved playing the Cocker stuff! Phil was there mostly for the Santana bit of the show. He used to do the second half of the show after interval and would always go missing when we were on stage doing the first set. We had one stagehand who's main job during the gig was to go out and find Phil during interval and bring him back to the auditorium. He was usually found at the pokies. :)

taipan

Referee
RIP Phil.
Played along at one stage with Duane Eddy(Rebel Rouser) still groovin at 80.One of my early fave guitarists, along with Hank B Marvin from the Shadows and Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) . His bro Tommy plays a mean one also.
Loved guitar instrumentals.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Phil was a huge Shadows fan. Did a few shows back in the 90s featuring their music but didn't gain the interest it deserved. Last time I saw him was a few months ago in Coolum at a charity gig for my mate who was struck down with the big C, he's fine now.
My step bro played heaps of gigs with them over the years, i used to tag along back in the 80s as a roadie.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Phil was a huge Shadows fan. Did a few shows back in the 90s featuring their music but didn't gain the interest it deserved. Last time I saw him was a few months ago in Coolum at a charity gig for my mate who was struck down with the big C, he's fine now.
My step bro played heaps of gigs with them over the years, i used to tag along back in the 80s as a roadie.

Went to the Cliff Richards and Shadows reunion show at the Ent..Cntre a few years back with a couple of mates.Hank B still got it in his late 60s then.Looks a dork, but makes his guitar talk.Apache,FBI ,Dance On.the Savage,still rings in my ears.Now lives in Perth.
My daughters' eyes roll when I played instrumentals, they just don't; appreciate" the twang is the thang".