OT Margaret Court Arena hypocrites

Discussion in 'Cronulla Sutherland Sharks' started by webShark, May 30, 2017.

1. webShark

webShark Guest

Funny how Stosur and Dellacqua want a name change and boycott of the Aussie Open and criticise Margaret Court , yet compete in and take money out of Russia.

They didn't realise Russia was anti gays I guess.

Bloody hypocrites.

Eion likes this.
  2. spirit of league

spirit of league Bench

You do understand there's a substantive difference between a sporting tournament and a national government, right?

As far as I can see there's nothing even vaguely hypocritical in their stance.

3. glenmoresharkie

glenmoresharkie Bench

Nothing wrong with what Court said. The fact that people are saying we should change the name of the arena is a joke. She voiced her own opinion and has gotten hammered left right and centre.

4. bad boy bubby

bad boy bubby First Grade

Madsharkie likes this.
  5. spirit of league

spirit of league Bench

So, we're ok with discrimination now? It's a grey area weighing freedom of expression/personal opinion versus protection of values society considers valuable

In the 1970's you were free to express your opinion that smoking was awesome at the rear of an aircraft. In the 1770's you were free to express your opinion that enslaving humans of darker pigmentation was good for business.

I agree there's nothing intrinsically wrong with Court voicing her personal opinion. Misguided, cowardly and excruciatingly boring maybe, but that's just my opinion. By the same measure, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Dellacqua, et al expressing theirs.

Seems to be plenty of hammering coming in from all directions.

6. Defer to the coifed

Defer to the coifed Juniors

put it to the people, then every one STFU about gay marriage for far ken ever!!!!

coolumsharkie likes this.
  7. Eion

Eion Bench

Let's put whether val should be fullback to the forum, then everyone can STFU about it for far ken ever!

Madsharkie and coolumsharkie like this.
  8. Arnold

Arnold Juniors

What do you think the result would be?

I reckon that people who are against it don't say it out loud in fear of upsetting others.

But the silent vote would be surprising.

Imo.

9. MilkShark

MilkShark Juniors

Womens tennis LOL, that's all.

10. Born BB&W

Born BB&W Juniors

I would say 90% of the population would not give a Flying F about legalising GAY marriage.

The other 10% work in the media and are ramming it down our throats.

11. taipan

taipan Coach

Remember Rex Mossop complaining about a nude bathing beach near his home on one occasion.
    He noted or words to the effect "it makes me sick all this genitalia running around and being rammed down my throat."

IMO Court is entitled to say what she believes ,unless we live in North Korea.Wheteher we agree or not.
    I'm fed up with the whole Gay marriage scene.Seriously if a heterosexual couple wants to live together it's not marriage and they no complain.
    The media and the usuals are pushing the whole Gay marriage agenda.What they do is their business.
    I just don't want a corporation like Qantas and Joyce who has ties with Arabian run airlines (who are extremely anti gay)telling people what they should or shouldn't do.
    If I become the head of Amazon.and I'm into polygamy,is it Ok for me to push that agenda?

12. lolesi

lolesi First Grade

Just reminded me of Bane from Batman.

"Giving it back to youuuuu, the people"

13. Generalzod

Generalzod Coach

I expressed my view on the matter in the Sydney Morning Herald "More social engineering rubbish...Good onya Margaret for expressing your view." My comment was rejected. I'll be cancelling my subscription.

webShark likes this.
  14. webShark

webShark Guest

While Peter Fitzsimons writes for the SMH , I would not take up a subscription. Sings from the PC hymn sheet.

Hand clapping, Mothers Day, Christmas in school, footy will soon be a thing of the past. Yet Schapelle Corby can earn more money than most of us.

PC brigade will see the end of Footy. Or it will be sanitised so much it will be unwatchable.

Yet Australia embraces UFC and the media couldn't get enough of Ronda Rousey UFC fight in Melbourne.

Minor stoush in NRL and AFL and you are a complete thug. Now we have Soccer style diving and simulation. Thanks do gooders.

Seems PC brigade have pretty much won to me.

Russia has years of drug cheating, massively anti gay but I can't remember much of a stance against Russian sports events. Oh I forgot they are massive racists and have hordes of Soccer hooligans.

My guess. Unless Court retracts her statement , the Arena will be renamed. In the unlikely event of an Australian woman progressing far in the open,
    I hope they get scheduled on Margaret Court Arena. Will be a laugh.

15. Generalzod

Generalzod Coach

Well Joyce was allowed to use Qantas to express his gay marriage propaganda oh but when Margaret opens her mouth she is a homophobe.

snout likes this.
  16. Maccas4177

Maccas4177 Juniors

the current EPL champions are funded by illegal and unethically obtained Russian funds....

17. Defer to the coifed

everybody PM me their votes I will post the results.

Madsharkie and Eion like this.
  18. coolumsharkie

coolumsharkie Referee

Yes because we all know what the result will be.

There is a gay dude that works at the pub and his ugly mofo bf comes in for a beer on many occasions. Sticks to himself and they also often enjoy a beer together with friends associates staff members etc..

Now does it matter 2 f**ks difference whether those 2 are married or not??

19. bad boy bubby

bad boy bubby First Grade

If people would just stop thinking about what others get up to on their honeymoon,
    then this wouldn't be a problem...

coolumsharkie likes this.
  20. Defer to the coifed

I think you will find the gays would be happy for legalised marriage with conditions. After all, its not about money right? Tax benefits & other assistance schemes are that are afforded to breeding marriages of men & women, are surrendered.