What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: NBN in the shire

taipan

Referee
If you're in Caringbah South, Dolans Bay or Lilli Pilli, you are furthest from the Miranda exchange. Its the worst spot to be.

I get you.
At one stage Telstra couldn't even crack ADSL in my area, because of that very problem.
My grandson tried to download a game, took him 4 flipping days.Could have run(with shoe floaters) to Pitcairn Island and back.FFS.

Quigs

Immortal
" The best things in life are free, just give me money that's what I want."
Bugger it Quigs.Costs me $15 per month, just for the platinum privilege.Maybe I need to have a chat with ScoMo with baseball bat at the ready.

Just hit the kent with the bat and give him a couple for me. No point in chatting with the prick he will just tell you straight out porkies while having a sly grin plastered on his face. The next bloke he will just tell the complete opposite to what he told you. The only thing you can guarantee with our Bestus Everest all time greatest Number 1 supporter is that he will still have his smug sly grin.

The Happy Clapping Kent.

Generalzod

Immortal
Dude never showed up
Meant to come yesterday
No call
No nothing
I tried to cancel and stay on adsl but they reckon I can't now

I have read horror stories about it dropping out for days or taking weeks to connect in at first.

My adsl at home is fine
We don't have Netflix or Stan
We just watch foxplay
Red tube etc

I was just wondering if only people with bad experiences bother writing online reviews.
Carch if you want more information on the nbn and reviews from customers go to the whirlpool forums
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/

coolumsharkie

Referee
Not sure if this means anything or not but my connection from out the front of my house has the old Telecom logo on the top of the connection port. Does this mean that the wire from my house to the main wires, might be a little old?

Generalzod

Immortal
All I know from listening to the radio not a lot of people are taking up the NBN offer, actually those that did wish they had stayed with their former service...

Quigs

Immortal
Not sure if this means anything or not but my connection from out the front of my house has the old Telecom logo on the top of the connection port. Does this mean that the wire from my house to the main wires, might be a little old?

My Tora Bora Cave was built in the mid 60's Cools. I purchased the joint in 86 and I am pretty sure that the copper wire has not been replaced since Ive been here. The phone hole you talk about is right out the front of my joint.

I know from the Tech blokes that the whole system around my area is like me old and farkkked but they won't be spending munch on it because of the NBN rollout.

Then you read and see announcements that Fraudband is going to use a lot of existing gear and I just shake my head. If it is anything like around here than it is a total clusterfark. I know it is.

carcharias

Immortal
My new plan is cheaper than adsl by $6

Except nobody showed up to do anything
Got a sweet looking modem sitting at home.

carcharias

Immortal
Also
The put all new cables right to the pole out the front of my joint
Dug everyone else lawn up except mine
A day after I signed on

Then the neighbor was going off

It was living next door to quigsy

I said nothing for a few days

coolumsharkie

Referee
I moved into my house in 2001, and like your TBC Quigs, mine too is an old beach shack built in the late 60's and I KNOW that the wire has never been replaced. An issue I recently took up with Telstra wanting to charge a call out fee to try and replace a f**king dinosaur of a cable to bring me up to date with technologicamal requirements in regard to this new laughable NBN. A wire they installed while there was probably still a locally manned (femaled) f**king switchboard.

Oh how I laughed...

Of course I'm very comfortable with telling you the you know whos, to go get you know what. So they replaced the connection inside my house. No charge of course. The old one from my front door to the exchange is still there though, ffs.

I shaka ma head.

Quigs

Immortal
Also
The put all new cables right to the pole out the front of my joint
Dug everyone else lawn up except mine
A day after I signed on

Then the neighbor was going off

It was living next door to quigsy

I said nothing for a few days

I dispute that comment. f**k some of my neighbours even think that I am a good bloke. The other three can go and get farkked. I was here first so they have to put up with me.

txta2

Bench
The Ombudsman is copping twice as many complaints now about NBN. NBN company says its because twice as many people are on . Go figure, lets all get on the copper for dial up speeds. I'm at Kingsgrove atm and have not heard or seen anything to do with the NBN

Generalzod

Immortal
The Ombudsman is copping twice as many complaints now about NBN. NBN company says its because twice as many people are on . Go figure, lets all get on the copper for dial up speeds. I'm at Kingsgrove atm and have not heard or seen anything to do with the NBN

You can blame Turnbull for it...

Quigs

Immortal
I tell youse a funny story about Telstra. I do some volunteer work down at the local art gallery in downtown Emu Park. I do a couple of days a month. The gallery has no phone and of course no internet connection. So in my wisdom I got me one of those Telstra 4g pocket wi-fi plus thingies and would hook into the net and do some work while I was on gallery duty. It did the job and solved a problem or two for me re being able to do some computer work.

Long story short. One day about 8 months ago I set it up to my laptop and it was working a treat. I couldn't believe it. Fast as it had ever been. I did the old speedtest trick. Download was over 100mb upload was about 9.5mb (I think could of been even higher). At the end of my shift I did a check and I had over 1.8gb of data left on the 4g and 140 something days to use it.

As the net at home was it usual dead slow speed and as I worked out that I could take a shit load of work down to the Gallery the next day as I was on duty again. I had a shit load of work I wanted to do with The Biff website. I did about 1 and 1/2 hours off line pre work to take down with me and then get into the high speed mode and zap it all off to the upload world of the www.

Set everything up and got myself comfy on the front verandah of the Gallery. Grabbed my coffee - set up all my notes - raring to go and then .... and then I switched on my 4g Wi-fi and got this pop up message - "you have used up all your data you needed to buy more."

I couldn't bloody believe it. I stewed for four hours before I got home and rang the bastards up. Geeze I was ropeable. When I finally got onto the prick that wasn't going to flick me to someone else I told them what happened and they did a check and said, "But you have 1.8gb of data left and 140 days to use it" I went off and told the idiot I know I have but your f**kin device is telling me I don't have any credit and I have just wasted 5 1/2 hrs of my life plus the hour that I have spent waiting for some dickhead to answer my complaint.

They ended up cancelling my 1.8gb and reinstalling it plus a bonus 1gb for the inconvenience. The kind souls and they even offered me to fill out a survey of what I thought of their service provided.

Plus the days that I have since been downtown working I have not got anywhere near that speed on the 4G.

Its a good dammm pot luck clusterf**k all round considering the dosh you pay out to them.

I dread what my NBN connection will eventually be if they are going to rely on the shit that is in the ground around my part of the continent.

carcharias

Immortal
I dispute that comment. f**k some of my neighbours even think that I am a good bloke. The other three can go and get farkked. I was here first so they have to put up with me.
He even looks like you
Derryn hinch beard , mullet , arse hanging out of his footy shorts with wallet flipped over where the draw string is.
Unmerged shirt
The street eye sore he is.