What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- NZ Election

Rich102

Staff member
I think one thing that will skew the result will be if a lot of young voters vote for Jacinda, who they will see as the youngest, and perhaps most approachable, option.
Anyway my vote is cast and I can forget about it all till the results.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The more I hear Ardern speak, the more I can't stand her. No concrete reason why, just get that vibe on people sometimes

And that "let's do this" rubbish makes me cringe every time

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
Maori party need to get up for National here. It's close. Howie Tamati closing in.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just flicked over at ht and saw a couple of mins of that little Greens weasel speaking, reinforced how much I can't stand the Greens !!

Leber

Bench
James Shaw rambling on as if he was in a power position.... lol

It'll be National/NZF/Act. Its very illogical to have a party that polls 10% lower, as the leading parliament and Winston knows that.

He should do the right thing via democracy.

Juju

Juniors
James Shaw rambling on as if he was in a power position.... lol

It'll be National/NZF/Act. Its very illogical to have a party that polls 10% lower, as the leading parliament and Winston knows that.

He should do the right thing via democracy.
NZF won't work with Act.

And you need to think of the Labour / Greens as the left block at 42% of the vote Not Labour at 36%

Still special votes to come in also so maybe see Labour and Greens go up a % so possibly gain a seat.

Rich102

Staff member
You know what the ideal coalition would be?
National and Labour.
Stable government for the next three years.
English PM, Ardern Deputy PM.
Cut the ground out from under Winston and the Greens.

Leber

Bench
NZF won't work with Act.

And you need to think of the Labour / Greens as the left block at 42% of the vote Not Labour at 36%

Still special votes to come in also so maybe see Labour and Greens go up a % so possibly gain a seat.

Not necessarily. When you form a coalition you form agreements with the leading party, not their allies. For the current government, act has a deal with the nats, UNF have a deal with the nats and the Maoris have a deal with the nats, but act/UNF/Maori dont have deals with each other.

The gap between the two parties Winston will be talking to, is 10%.
Plus he hates the green way more than he hates act.

Juju

Juniors
Not necessarily. When you form a coalition you form agreements with the leading party, not their allies. For the current government, act has a deal with the nats, UNF have a deal with the nats and the Maoris have a deal with the nats, but act/UNF/Maori dont have deals with each other.

The gap between the two parties Winston will be talking to, is 10%.
Plus he hates the green way more than he hates act.
Labour and Green's have/had the MOU and ran on "changing the government" campaign -so pretty clearly seen by left leaning voters as the way to vote for a specific outcome.

National is fortunate there is not a strong smaller right/centerist leaning party that chews up their vote.

JJ

Immortal
I think he's one of the few Greens that isn't a loony flake, unfortunately they've become dominated by them and lost themselves IMO

If the got over that and focused on actual green issues they could form a good govt with National and make a real contribution

Sad the Maori party are gone, Labour don't give a shit about Maori, and the f**king weather man, seriously!?!?

Juju

Juniors
Sad the Maori party are gone, Labour don't give a shit about Maori, and the f**king weather man, seriously!?!?
Maggie Barry was a TV host.
Lockwood Smith was a TV host.
Donald Tru....m oh nevermind

JJ

Immortal
Maggie Barry was a TV host.
Lockwood Smith was a TV host.
Donald Tru....m oh nevermind

Lockwood Smith had a PhD - the other two yes, similar...

Was more a comment on Flavell, who is undoubtedly a very good man, who's people owed him more - he should have gone hard at Labour on the water tax. And Labour who don't give a shit about Maori - hence the Maori Party.

JJ

Immortal
Anti maori backlash ?

Winston got the heave up here too..
Except Winston wants rid of the Maori seats?

Really not clear - at the end of the day aside from the Maori Party losing its seats and Labour cannabalising the Greens and NZ First, this was the same result as last time - National Party vote rock solid - clearly the country wants more of the same-ish - LOL at the lefties saying there's a "mandate for change" 46% give or take voted for one party - that's huge...

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Winnies policies allign much more with Labour than with National, but working with the Greens may be the stumbling block.

Which MPs really grate you (regardless of your party preference)

I have 3 MPs I cannot stand currently

First and worst of all, Paula Bennett

Secondly, David Seymour

And lastly, more of an honourable mention as recently shes been okay Judith Collins.

I don't like Winnie either, so he's worth a mention.

Juju

Juniors
Lockwood Smith had a PhD - the other two yes, similar...

Was more a comment on Flavell, who is undoubtedly a very good man, who's people owed him more - he should have gone hard at Labour on the water tax. And Labour who don't give a shit about Maori - hence the Maori Party.
Labour have 13 Maori MPs in Parliament this term.
National don't give a shit a shit a bit maori and thats why the Maori Party are not in government.
Flavell is a great man and its a real shame the Maori party won't be in government.

46% to National is just a sign there is no strong right wing smaller party's. Imagine a competent Green/Blue party.

Juju

Juniors
Winnies policies allign much more with Labour than with National, but working with the Greens may be the stumbling block.

Which MPs really grate you (regardless of your party preference)

I have 3 MPs I cannot stand currently

First and worst of all, Paula Bennett

Secondly, David Seymour

And lastly, more of an honourable mention as recently shes been okay Judith Collins.

I don't like Winnie either, so he's worth a mention.
Can we all agree Paula Bennett is the worst politician going around?
Cunliffe was very very bad and very punchable.
Seymour is the biggest bludger out. Getting free ride in Epsom is embarrassing - but even more embarrassing left voters couldn't coordinate to vote him out.

Winnie you can only respect - what a survivor...

The Young Nat's are the absolute worst collection of humans ever though.